Reporting minor texture/road conflict for next CRM update

Matt McGee

Flying out of Jarrad's great looking KBZN, I noticed two cases of vector roads going through the middle of football fields/tracks in Bozeman, MT.

I believe this is just outside of the KBZN coverage area and thus a CRM issue.  Just too late for CRM 002. :(

One field to the left of jet, other to the right.  Approx BZN 131 radial / 8 DME

CmUQ.jpg

Thats a perfectly normal in a landclass/ground texture product like CRM, so not an issue, the ground textures are placed then the vector roads (which match the real-life version) are placed on top.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim,

I knew the vector roads were just laid down across the "town" texture and often cut across houses and buildings.  Roads cutting across sports fields stand out a lot more and just look wrong  to me.

I didn't realize that the school football field/track texture was randomly generated.  I assumed there was a sports field land class tile that was placed.  Especially since they are great visual check points and fun to try to land on.  Though not in a Hornet :)

Sorry to waste your time and thanks for the reply.

Matt

Edit - Maybe Orbx could do a pinned "Known errors / non-errors" thread and list the known issues that are just part of FSX/Orbx and also list the issues queued up for the next update.

Might reduce some "error" reporting like mine.   

Archived