Missing landclass

zimmer

Just bought and installed FTX Global last week.  

I am runnning FSX with FTX and UTX.   See attached screen shots taken at BIKF as an example.   Areas of the airport are just water.  Also see the Top Down shot and you can see the same issue in the surrounding terrain.   

I have tried reinstalling FTX but got same result.  When I run FTX Central I get a message "Terrain.cfg has no [Landclass] section.

Any help appreciated.

Andrew

fsx2013-09-2015-48-55-98_zpscfbe1ac6.png

fsx2013-09-2015-48-49-79_zpsbbe80400.png

In the absence of a reply, I thought I would try uninstalling FTX Global and restoring the FSX files and do a clean installation.  Unfortunately, even with the default files restored and all the Ultimate Terrian installations disabled, I am still getting odd landclass results.   I tried a reinstall of FTX.  When FTX Central opens at the start of the process, it reports that scenery.cfg has no [Landclass] section.  There is an "OK" click box which if clicked three times disappears.

After installation and FTX Global is set to Active I still get these odd results.  See sceenshot.  Taken at EGCC.  The surrounding countryside is constructed of tiles of roadway rather than countryside.  I see this at almost any airport I load up, so I am guessing the landclass is screwed.    My FSX was working perfectly before I installed FTX.  Not saying FTX is the problem, but clearly something has gone wroing.  I would like some assistance in trying to get to the bottom of this.

Andrew

fsx2013-09-2317-18-47-62_zpsaaca3763.png

Order number is 232908

I have managed to resolve this. I copied the terrain.cfg file from a base FSX installation on another PC and overwrote the file on my main PC. Reactivated all my addons and it seems to have rebuilt the file and now references the correct landclass. This also solved another issue I was having with trees and other autogen all over runways, water bodies etc. I guess the autogen must read the landclass to place the appropriate objects.

Many of my FS mates swear by Orbx and convinced me to give it a try. Just a little disappointed that apart fro one member responding, I did not get any support whatsover from the Orbx team.

• 1 year later...

Archived