FTXG: terrain textures pop up like autogen does--doesn't look good!

Noel

Boy I don't recall ever seeing this behavior pre FXTG but I find it really annoying for sure.  I'm flying into KSBA in a 757 and as I'm approaching from the northeast swaths of light colored presumably bare rock start popping up in the midst of the typical chaparral in the coast mountains.  It would look fine if they were there all the time it's the fact they pop up like buildings in the distance can as you move towards them and because they contrast so much w/ the other terrain it's really bad!  This also occurred after I landed in San Jose, Costa Rica--textures were popping up on either side of the runway like clockwork.  Hard to describe but I get the feeling the priority level of the scenery layer isn't right.  I will post a shot but it's hard to capture in a static picture.

OK in this shot as I'm slowing down on the runway after landing the multicolored segments populate overwriting the more uniform green grass sections just forward of it and it is exceedingly bad looking!  Same same coming into KSBA as described above.  Prior to FTXG DISTANT textures might be blurry until they update as you move towards them, but NEW textures didn't just suddenly appear as they do now.  Do I have something wrong in the scenery library maybe?  

tguN.jpg

Hi,

You'll need to supply a little more info in relation to any extra scenery you may have active, for example you must have some 3rd party scenery present at KSBA as you have different buildings and a visible airport elevation problem, this might also be causing the 'popping' texture problem

This is how KBSA in FTXGlobal looks like at my end:

SCsmV.jpg

Hi,

You'll need to supply a little more info in relation to any extra scenery you may have active, for example you must have some 3rd party scenery present at KSBA as you have different buildings and a visible airport elevation problem, this might also be causing the 'popping' texture problem

Tim,

My bad that screenshot I think was at MROC or MMTP (don't recall which did this and it was the first time there so don't have a good memory of it) as I was slowing down after landing.  KSBA looks fine itself, it's the approach 15 miles out coming into KSBA that is behaving weirdly.  I have no other scenery installed in the Costa Rica area and a pretty fresh total FSX install.   I do have GEX NA installed but changed it to 'Disabled' prior to installing FTXG.  Perhaps I should have uninstalled it after reading the notes after I had already installed FTXG, but as I say it's set to disabled.  I will post another shot here showing the bare rock patches that appear randomly & suddenly

as splotches.

Archived