Global Vector will 'need' mesh? Discussion.

jpreou

I had a thought; not that it affects me much as I am probably going to buy mesh anyway.

Here's my thought process ... welcome discussion.

1. I have FTX Global (love it)

2. I will buy FTX Global Vector (looks great)

3. Reading JVs comments (paraphrase, apologies if quoted wrong) "all 24,000 FSX airports will be 'elevation-fixed'. Yay!

4. We know that most FSX airports match the surrounding ground level

5. We know that some FSX airports do not: is the ground wrong or  the airport elevation; general consensus is that it is the airport

6. Many people install mesh, only to discover even more anomalies; general consensus is that mesh is right, airport (that was level with the default ground) is now wrong

7. Some companies have developed 'elevation correction' utilities so we can fix the elevation problems ourselves

... bear with me ...

So. Will Vector, with no mesh, but now corrected airport elevations, showup those areas where FSX has incorrect default surrounding land elevations?

The cynic in me suggests that now we will have a skew the other way; airports are now correct and default FSX mesh is shown to be wrong.

Thus Vector may 'require' the use of mesh to fix this 'reversal of error'; if you see what I mean.

Like I said, won't really affect me too much since I plan on buying FSGlobal Ultimate (after I pay for the next RL flying lesson, maybe); but this was the thought process running through my head. I'd like to see ORBX address this post; my fear is a new breed of ORBX-bashers that buy Global + Vector and then bitch because of airport elevation issues if they don't have mesh?

Let the flood gates open!

:)

No FTX Global Vector will NOT need third party mesh, although of course your experience will be much more enjoyable if you do.

There will be an option at installation time to optionally install the corrected airport elevations. This allows people using default mesh only to use Vector without any plateaus or troughs.

Then at some future point in time if you purchase FS Global mesh or FSGenesis you can re-run the installer and choose the corrected elevations, which will work fine with both of those products.

No FTX Global Vector will NOT need third party mesh, although of course your experience will be much more enjoyable if you do.

There will be an option at installation time to optionally install the corrected airport elevations. This allows people using default mesh only to use Vector without any plateaus or troughs.

Then at some future point in time if you purchase FS Global mesh or FSGenesis you can re-run the installer and choose the corrected elevations, which will work fine with both of those products.

Brilliant

Roll on October!!!

Aha!

Problem solved. Sort of.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/64669-orbx-announces-ftx-global-vector-and-iceland-free-demo/page-13#entry593230

Thanks John; I saw this in the other post, which I just linked, so I am a happy bunny 'cos I can now be flexible in exactly when I purchase my mesh.

Or at least when my wife and the credit card company agree that I have paid off sufficient to add more to it! :)

You guys rock, and I'll get my seventy bucks ready.

John; thanks to you and your team for your continuing efforts. I'm really enjoying FSX these days with the ORBX stuff installed. I have so much more to buy and look forward to each step forward you guys make. Thank you.

Archived