Missing SLC Int. Terminals after loading FTX Global?

Salty57

I just bought and downloaded FTX Global to get some better scenery for Northern Utah than default FSX. Flew from Ogden Hinckley down along the Wasatch Front and all the airports along the front had buildings and ground objects, until I came to SLC International Airport and most objects are missing. I only have the jetways and some aircraft parked next to the jetways. No terminals, no tower, no maintenance hangars. Totally empty. Anybody experience missing objects after loading FTX Global and if so does anyone have a solution. FTX Global is a nice change from the default textures. Just want to have SLC back!

Order #FSS0234068

Wolter,

I took your advise and checked all my other FTX regions and airports, (PNW, NRM, CRM, England & Wales, Global, plus airports (all NA)) to make sure that they were all up to date with current patches. I ended up updating England and Wales and then I installed the latest Libraries update. Unfortunately this didn't fix the problem. I still have no building objects at SLC International airport, just jetways and some aircraft. No terminal, maintenance buildings or tower. I'm stumped what to do? I'm sure that I had these objects before I loaded FTX Global. I didn't have any other add-on that affected Utah at all. Is there a possibility that the file that contains the building objects is in the backup folder and could it be restored? This kind of thing happened to me once before when I installed Flight 1 GEX NA and all the default objects at Edwards AFB were missing. The only way i could fix that was to uninstall GEX and restore the default textures. Then it all came back. Any other suggestions?

Order #FSS0234068

Sorry SLC is Salt Lake City International Airport located in Salt Lake City, Utah, North America. And to answer your question, no I have no other terrain or add-on installed that has anything to do with Utah or this airport. I only have Orbx terrain add-ons for North America, PNW, NRM and CRM. I also have England and Wales installed. I have two payware airports installed, Israel's Farm and Walter Sutton's for PNW. I also have four freeware airports installed; Vashon, Bowerman, West Wind and some others for Canada. All Orbx products. I also ahve the lastest Orbx Libraries installed.

The funny thing is, all the other local airports are populated, that lay around Salt Lake Airport. This is the only airport that I haven't got any building objects loading.

Global shouldn't touch any airports

Generally for any missing things, first thing to check is your scenery density slider is on max, then failing that run a search of your main FSX folder for the ICAO of the airport 'KSLC' and see what turns up

A quick search of my own FSX folder only pulls up .dds texture files for KLSC (x32) and 1 x navdata txt file

Tim,

Thanks for responding. I followed your instructions and did a search of KSLC in the FSX directory and I found all the texture files for the airport structures, terminals, maintenance etc. I then tried lowering my Scenery density and Autogen density sliders, which were both maxed out. I tried a stepped approach so that I might bound the problem if the buildings suddenly showed up. However, the end result was that the jetways and most of the trucks and other smaller objects disappeared also. No joy. This doesn't make sense to me. If the slider is maxed out, shouldn't all the scenery possible be displayed in the sim? It seemed counter intuitive that by lowering the density slider, you get more scenery displayed. My other thought was, what file tells FSX what textures to display, where and how for a given airport? Maybe the file that tells how the placement of scenery should be is corrupted or missing for my FSX install? Any understanding of how this works?

Thanks. I wasn't expecting a fix via Global. I didn't think that was the problem. I just wanted some knowledge regarding what mechanism within FSX calls out and controls what ground objects, buildings, etc. should display? I have nothing but FTX scenery add-ons, so I thought maybe you might be able to give me some insight.

Salty57,

I have issues with KSLC at night.  Terminals disappear.  They are there during the day.  I noticed it after installing Global as well but the issue may have occurred prior to that.  I seem to remember somewhere that this is a FSX issue.  My solution?  I don't fly there at night.

Cheers,

RD

• 1 year later...

Archived