PAJN Juneau Runway 8/26 Texture Bleed Thru.......

JayDub

I am seeing a texture bleed thru on the approach to either rwy 8 or 26 ..... Did not noice it with FTX SAK prior to the install of FTX PAJN...... After landing and being on the ground for a short time the area seems to clear up and runway looks normal.....  Area also visable during rollout from approach and landing from the other direction....... Also have FSGenesis mesh and UTX Canada and USA installed...... No major deal, but kind of breaks up the nice effect of landing at Juneau.......

G4vML.jpg

Any help or suggestions appreciated......

Thanks,

JayDub

I don't really understand it, but I moved the mesh resolution back from a max of 1M to your recommended 5M and problem went away...... I returned to setting back to 1M and saw the problem from a distance out but once I got about 1/4 mile out the problem faded..... I will play around with 2M next.....I have always run all my settings at max right with exception of water at low 2.x and Autogen at very dense.... Never had to back off a setting to clear up a visual issue.....  You learn something new every day......

Kind of feel like an old friend of mine who once told me  " I know alot of stuff, the problem is most of it is wrong'........

If problem returns at least I know which setting is the culprit.....................

Thanks for the quick help,

JayDub

The manual for the region and PAJN do say you need to set 5m!

I don't really understand it, but I moved the mesh resolution back from a max of 1M to your recommended 5M and problem went away...... I returned to setting back to 1M and saw the problem from a distance out but once I got about 1/4 mile out the problem faded..... I will play around with 2M next.....I have always run all my settings at max right with exception of water at low 2.x and Autogen at very dense.... Never had to back off a setting to clear up a visual issue.....  You learn something new every day......

Kind of feel like an old friend of mine who once told me  " I know alot of stuff, the problem is most of it is wrong'........

If problem returns at least I know which setting is the culprit.....................

Thanks for the quick help,

JayDub

Why would you set the mesh resolution lower than 5m? Setting it at 1m or 2m is not going to show any further detail than leaving it at 5m. To my knowledge there is no addon mesh available, nor any in FTX that has a higher resolution than 5m.

Very simple, I thought the setting for mesh resolution at a max of 1M was better than a setting of 5M......I did read the manual.... Possibly ignorance on my part, but I figured that a recommended setting of 5M was the minimum to have the best visual results and higher than that would be OK.....  I have had my mesh resolution set at the max of 1M for the last 6 years without issue.....

In any case problem solved,

JayDub

Hi again........

Well the problem has returned even with the mesh resolution set to 5M as required by the manual..... It has to be something else........ Problem seems to be intermittant, will continue to play around with settings but could use some further advice........

JayDub

Wolter,

Running Ultimate Traffic 2, only AI addon program installed.... See no unusual PAJN files in main FSX folder, but not really sure what you might be looking for...... Looks like all the files are Orbx generated.......

JayDub

Still no luck, continuing to turn off various scenery and addons with no success so far, but will keep at it...... All things considered, not a big deal, this is the only clitch I have seen in all the scenery listed in my signature. Hope I will find a solution, but I have found that if I briefly pause the sim on approach for a second or two the bleed thru pops clear..... I guess I will have to live with that until a better solution comes along....

Thanks,

JayDub

Archived