FTX Global plowed fields on hill slopes

colang

Hello,

i had a texture configuration problem in FTX Global.

Using the global hybrid mode I see a lot of plowed fields insted woods on the hills and mountains slopes.

I tried to investigate about autogen files and terrain.cfg and other files changed by the FTX installer and after a lot of tests, looking at the before and after versions of the files, I concluded this behaviour is created by the lclookup.bgl 

If i use the lclookup.bgl installed by FTX Global, I see something like this:

d7ax.jpg

o69y.jpg

7kgd.jpg

If I replace the lclookup.bgl in scenery\base\scenery  with the P3D original one (I saved a copy of the whole P3D directory just after the first clean installation) it seems to work better.

6gki.jpg

lxrb.jpg

bcb3.jpg

I tried reinstall FTX Global, withouth and with the last patch applied, but the lclookup file installed is always the same dated 07/2013.

Is it only my problem?

If no, is it possible to study a fix for this?

As a workaround I'm now using the original P3D lclookup file, but I guess in this way I miss some other features.

Any help would be appreciated.

It is quiet normal for crops and grazing pastures to be used on the sides of hills, certainly that has been my experience living in the UK and Australia.

That said, if there are specific issues in the area shown they will likely be address in the openLC packs for that part of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hello John, thanks for reply.

Landclass should not be the problem, as using the same landclass (in this case Scenerytech but i can test others) i have different results. 

The screenshots are taken in central Italy and what you see are 1500 to 1800 mt mountains, covered by woods, grass and rocks, as correctly shown in the last three pictures (if I try in the alps I can see fields and corn over 2000 meters).

Instead, in the first three, we find cultivated fields in the wrong place.

The only difference between the series aren't landclass but the lclookup file, as FTX Global installs a custom one.

I guess that if FTX Global installs a custom one, should be for a good reason, and replacing it with the original one can fix my specific problem but I will lose some other FTX feature.

The situation is almost the same thing that happened when, installing and activating Orbx Europe region, the textures in countries other than UK were messed up, having pieces of fields and water on top of mountains and snow in the plains in summer; it is was dued to the replacing of some key FSX (or P3D) files, like lclookup and autogen stuff.

The only way to solve it before FTX Global existed was deactivate Europe region when Flying out of UK.

Now I have FTX Global in hybrid mode and it should be compatible with preceeding environment, but something went wrong.

I have the doubt some key P3D files was modified before the FTX Global installation, so when FTX Global replace the lclookup.bgl with the own custom one, some other file should be aligned or reverted to original.

I tried already to uninstall and reinstall completely FTX Global, whithout success.

So the questions are basically two:

What I lose replacing the custom FTX lclookup.bgl file with the original Prepar3D one?

Can I make a crosscheck of the needed "structural" files (not all the textures, only the autogen, lclookup and... what other I'm missing?) working in "team" each with others, and verify they are the right ones (I mean right version, date, size, ecc.)?

Beside this can't wait for the release of ORBX vectors and landclass products to get rid of a lot of other stuff and start clean with few good (or better, outstanding) products designed to work together without troubles. 

Searching for someone having had a similar problem, I found this post

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/63317-question-and-issue-ftx/?hl=lclookup.bgl

The problem (and the solution) was different, but I found interesting the Holger explanation: 

"  [in lclookup.bgl]  There is a section in it that assigns different textures based on the underlying active landclass"

and few rows below

"search for the GUID in terrain.cfg to find the landclass texture it references".

So the terrain.cfg, if modified (or messed up) by some precedently existing software can be the key file to recover?

Eventually can you provide a couple of tested terrain.cfg and lclookup.bgl working well together?

Or a "certified" terrain.cfg  working with the lclookup.bgl installed by FTX Global? 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I am travelling overseas, we don't always answer support questions immediately :)

If you replace the FTX Global lclookup.bgl with the default P3D one you will get very unpredictable results all over the world.

If you can take some screenshots of where you see the problem and include the lat/long coordinates in the screenshot, then I can pass this onto the FTXG team to look into. There should not usually be fields in mountains at a certain slope angle so this may need an lclookup.bgl tweak by us.

If you work with us we can help fix the issue for you. If you are unsure how to post a screenshot on the forums, see this topic: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Hello, thanks for reply, no problem it was only a reminder.

I posted six screenshots at the beginning of this thread, three of them using the lclookup.bgl installed by ftx global, other three using the original lclookup.bgl by Prepar3D.. 

They are taken in center Italy, near LIAP airport, N 42° 21.60' E 13° 18.88' but the location is not important, as the problem is generalized everywhere.

I post here other two screenshots, taken west of LIMW  N 45° 43.77' E 7°18.82', and we can see fields alomg the ridge of a mountain instead of woods and rocks.

3b77.jpg

tdxn.jpg

So, i guess I have an UTX modified terrain.cfg, not matching with the ORBX lclookup.bgl.

Have you a couple of tested files working well together?

Or as alternative way, can i keep in some directory created by ftx global (the product or the backup ones) a "set" of files (lclookup, terrain, autogen, ecc.) working correctly when used all together?

Archived