email alerts?

shermank

Hi everyone....

does ORBX send out email alert announcements about the latest patches, etc. I learned by accident reading another flightsim site about the new NRM Patch 3, about which I might not have learned...if email alerts are issued, please guide me to setup to receive them

Thanks

Sherm

No, we do not, however, you can select to follow the release announcement forum:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/77-release-announcements/

You can set that up to get an inline notification or an email.

The reason we do not send out emails automatically is to avoid people marking it as spam and our good name going on blacklists

As just another user (not Orbx staff), I think you will find that Orbx does not routinely send personal emails announcing patches or updates.  They do, however, set aside a specific RELEASES Section in the Forum wherein all productions including patches and updates are individually announced as soon as they happen.  The NRM Patch 3 you mention is in there if you look.  The best way not to be surprised is to regularly monitor the RELEASES Section of the Forum.   BTW, that also includes new ORBXLIBS releases.

In addition, almost every pending patch and update as well as totally new regions and products are given a generous advanced look in the PREVIEW Section so you can be on the lookout for it.

Stan V   

Archived