Milford Sound Muddy Water

ricky1088

Hello,

Elevation problem at Milford sound and those very clear deep transparent  blue  sea colour are gone.

As usual, ftx central switch to Oceania, after install, run Patch library_130820

any suggestion..  Please take a look.

ricky1088

CIf2q.png

elevation issue

Gnehm.png

Transparent deep blue sea colour is gone

7smZY.png

dull colour water

zulmo.png

notice the word SOund,

I didn't see a break in the fence, but my water looks similar.  The city name in the FSX airport menu is "Milford SOund" too.

IMHO, my water looks like most of the Milford Sound photos I saw on the web.

Unfortunately, I haven't been there in years so my memory is fuzzy on the water color.  Light angle, cloud cover and sea state can dramatically change what real water looks like.

Screenshots at noon on 10 September, FSX time.  (I do have REX, but I believe the Orbx water textures override it.  Correct?)

fMSQ.jpg

zLu2G.jpg

The real Milford Sound

PqSvg.jpg

Hi, h3pilot,

Thanks for the time  and help, now I know , not me alone got the word "Milford SOund" written with captial and small letter in FSX.

Initially, I thought it was a bad install and spend the night uninstall and reinstall 3X.   believe  some tweaks should improve the water

appearance again

regards, ricky1088

The new library patch can't change your water appearance. Are you using DX10 or DX9 ? For example DX10 Shader fixes might alter your water.

If you use DX9 make sure your water setting didn't change (for example from 2xHigh to 2xLow).

If you use the FSWC water configurator you can try and re-install your preset.

The elevation in the pics above looks fine to me - there is a small slope towards the fence.

Hi Heiko,

Thanks for the infor. I am using DX9 with water setting 2x High to prevent white patch flashes.

Another Thanks for your most important last sentence assurance.

Reward, buying LC when launch for FTXGLOBAL...

regards.. ricky1088

Hi  Heiko,

did not tick Hybrid mode in FTX Global, other  3 icon, Oceania ,North America and Europe do not come with a Hybrid mode in

FTX Central but I was wondering and don't exactly remember after the install of which region, FTX Central icon  colour in desktop

changed to match exactly like FTX Light night.  Please take a look.  Thanks for your time , I appreciate. Have I miss out something in my

recent complete re install ? I checked Region file validation report, it report no error found , however, occasionally , switching of region

in FTX Central prompt the "Unhandle things....etc   regards.... ricky1088

HIZ1p.png

SJjfY.png

NlqMm.png

Archived