New pc arrives this week...

rogera

Hello, I will be taking delivery of my new FsX pc this week and I'm wondering if there are any issues regarding running all my ORBX files into a new FsX Gold. For now I'm intending keeping my FsX install on the old pc intact for back-up (mainly aircraft repaints etc) so I'm wondering if I can just install ORBX on the new pc?

I have the order of installation from one of Wolter's posts.

Kind regards,

Roger.

Congrats on the new system Roger,

PLEASE make sure that you install all the OS stuff on the C drive, and keep any other drive disconnected till all of that is finished updated overclocked and beaten the crap out BEFORE adding the dedicated fsX drive and installing fsX as such ;)

Good Luck :)

So what did you get. Hope you don't mind sharing. I can't upgrade right now so am enjoying everyone else's new rig with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reece

This is the build:-

Here's the spec:

Z87 mobo

16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram

750gb Samsung 840 evo SSD

1 tb harddrive (for ghosting and storage)

Intel core I5 4670k processor (overclocked to 4.4 gigaHz)

Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler for CPU

EVGA 770 2 gig ram factory overclocked

DGM 27" IPS-2701WPHIPS monitor

On-board audio

1 x DVD writer

Congrats on the new system Roger,

PLEASE make sure that you install all the OS stuff on the C drive, and keep any other drive disconnected till all of that is finished updated overclocked and beaten the crap out BEFORE adding the dedicated fsX drive and installing fsX as such ;)

Good Luck :)

Hi Wolter,

I was wondering if there would be issues leaving my previous pc with ORBX installed, while reinstalling all my ORBX files on the new pc?

thats a nice rig, you should be good for awhile, as you should be able to support the next couple cpu's that come out in the future, i have yet to move from the 3770k to haswell until i see a huge performance increase, the 770 is a great videocard, i am running the gtx 780 and runs like a dream.

Archived