Progress update on Global's green airport pads?

Matt McGee

Three days and nothing?

Should I have posted the question in the "General" forum since I asked about status and not a "new" issue?

(I consider FTXG making green airports in the desert a fault with FTXG.  FSX default made them tan, hence a "Support" forum post.)

Will it be fixed in a month?  Three months?  Not until openLC for each area is purchased?  When please?

I've also not heard why they are green in FTXG?

FTXG is just a texture replacement for default FSX.  Doesn't FTXG just replace the default green pad file with a new one and the default tan file with a new one?

Way back in 2008 or so when I installed, I think, GEX, this also happened. 

It seems that FSX doesn't have a "Default Green Pad file and a default tan pad file". It just has "A" pad file. One. For the whole world. Amazon Jungle? tan. Sydney YSSY? tan. Hong Kong, China, The Middle East, Sahara Desert, Himalayas and Papua New Guinea in the wet season... all the same colour. The only time it isn't the same colour is if there is no Pad texture under the airport, but those are either special photographic areas (like default New York) or the types of airports that have trees 2 metres from the runway thresholds.

To fix this, they would need to change the landclass assigning this one texture from under runways. At least ones in deserts.

That would change the project into a Landclass thing instead of just a Texture thing.

It seems that FSX doesn't have a "Default Green Pad file and a default tan pad file". It just has "A" pad file. One. For the whole world. Amazon Jungle? tan. Sydney YSSY? tan. Hong Kong, China, The Middle East, Sahara Desert, Himalayas and Papua New Guinea in the wet season... all the same colour. The only time it isn't the same colour is if there is no Pad texture under the airport, but those are either special photographic areas (like default New York) or the types of airports that have trees 2 metres from the runway thresholds.

I've been looking at default FSX airports and there seem to be multiple variations, not just a single tan pad vs no-pad.

Some are definitely tan, some look uniform but translucent, others look layered/blended, others green, and others no pad at all.

At least we know that openLC will fix the green boxes :)

Here are a few examples (default FSX, no add-ons)

uniform tan

YS1KF.jpg

translucent tan

u6SyW.jpg

blended tan/green

NukJe.jpg  

Blended green

C0Nt.jpg

mottled green

vbGz3.jpg

no pad

cRj6i.jpg