1WA6 Fall City Elevation / FTX Global Problem

Jotayhen

Hey fellas,

I have just downloaded and installed the FTX Global patch (1.1).  I made sure FTX Central was set to "Global" prior to installing.  After installing the patch, I set up a flight from 1WA6 and placed the aircraft at "parking 1, RAMP GA Small".  When FSX completed its scenery loading process and opened my aircraft immediately slid down a large embankment.  I was able to back up and taxi around the area to see what was going on.  Seems that the runway and several bldgs are now on a plateau.

I exited FSX, opened FTX Central and applied "North America".  Set up the same flight and put the aircraft in the same parking position.  No problem, no plateau.

Went back to FTX Central and applied "Global".  Again, set up the same flight and put the aircraft in the same parking place.  Plateau re-appears and aircraft slides down.

I'm afraid I can't tell if this problem is the result of installing the FTX Global patch or if it existed after I installed FTX Global itself since I have not selected 1WA6 since I installed FTX Global.  I can say that there was no elevation problem at 1WA6 prior to installing FTX Global however.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

John

Perhaps I am confused, Jack.  Since I fly into and out of the various Orbx regions (PNW, NRM, CRM), I thought the most appropriate FTX Central application was "Global" rather than "North America".  I believed selecting "Global" would remove a very small and largely unnoticable amount of regional scenery but it would guarantee I would have the advantages of "Global" textures when I was beyond the selective regions.

I have read the various posts about this subject and I believed the above was correct, however if I am mistaken and I should simply select "North America" and then recognize I will enjoy the "Global" textures when I depart those defined Orbx regions then that's what I will do and be happy!

Thanks for the response, Jack!

John

Archived