FTX Central Error Installing FTX Global Update

gilltech

I am getting an unhandled exception error when applying settings in FTX Central stating that Access to the Path of Orbx\Scripts\Backup\Restore.bat is denied. I first noticed this after installing the FTX Global update today. I think the update files were installed ok, but I recieved this error during the install process and FTX central was opened by the installer. When I select Continue as my option for the errror, FTX Central appears to hang while attempting to Apply the Region. FTX Global is the only Orbx Product installed (so far), and the FTX Global is selected as the Region in use.

Since I am not completely sure what the restore bat file does, I am have not manully run the file.

Can you tell me if this error prevents any of the FTX Global update files from loading and provide any guidance as to what may be causing the issue?

thanks

Mark Gill

FTX Global

Order No FSS0222581

John, thanks for the very fast response.

Didn't work for me either. My FSX and FXT Global are installed an another drive outside of the Program Files folders.  I looked up the restore.bat file in the Orbx script folder to check the security assignment of that file. WIndows reports that it can't find the security info for that file. I tried to open the file in edit mode too and windows reports access denied. While I do have the new textures for the southwest, I do not have any changes to the lights that come even close to the excellent screen shots posted here. Perhaps another setting or the FTX Central error on the restore.bat file prevents the installation of the new lights??

thanks for helping.

Same problems, and the 1.10 update seemed to have wiped out my entire OrbX folder including all my FTX add-ons! I have tried reinstalling FTX Global 1.0 and applying the update again, and still it wipes out the OrbX folder and everything inside of it. I even ran the installer as admin. Now I have to reinstall everything all over again, sigh. :(

Same problems, and the 1.10 update seemed to have wiped out my entire OrbX folder including all my FTX add-ons! I have tried reinstalling FTX Global 1.0 and applying the update again, and still it wipes out the OrbX folder and everything inside of it. I even ran the installer as admin. Now I have to reinstall everything all over again, sigh. :(

Hi EagleSter,

Could you provide your FTX Global order number?

Using the forum search function (set to search "Forums") and using the search phrase "restore.bat" will show you that this error has happened a few times before for other customers, and they have also resolved the issue. Sometimes using others' solutions gives you an answer.

For instance in this topic I found that some people fixed the error by changing permissions to FTXCentral.exe, disabling certain software etc. have a read for yourself - http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/63506-since-installing-ftxg-i-keep-getting-this/

If this was a major flaw in FTX Central we would have thousands of customer support posts about it, but it likely is environmental to your PC rather than any specific bug in our code, since FTXCentral.exe is already internally signed to have admin privileges.

Hi John.

I made some changes and looked to me patch installed without that error. I hope it did.  I hit Apply and everything in FTX Central and error message did not come up. Just one question to be sure. How can I check it the patch has installed? FTX Central still  shows V1.0. Does it mean patch did not install? 

Thx

Limri, can you post what changes you made? None of the previous suggestions have worked, so far, for my setup.

thanks, mark

Mark. 

This was one of suggestions: 

Rightclick your main fsX folder (and then ORBX folder as well). 

select properties

un-tick the "read only" check mark

hit Apply

it will start doing some stuff,

when that's done run FTX Central again and see if the problem persists.

Also if you use browser like Chrome it may cause some issues either. I re-downloaded the patch using IE and it went fine from the 2nd attempt.

Try this for now. I will try to recall what else I have done.  

Edward 

In FTXG version 1.0, it looks to me like FTX Central Apply is trying to make backup copies of several files located in the FSX\Texture Folder and place them in the FSX\Orbx\Script\Backup Folder. I am still trying to work through this, but initial attempts to remove Read Only file permissions caused me other problems. I have uninstalled FTXG and started over with a new install of verison 1.0. I am getting the same unhandled exception error in that version as well. Altough it refers to different files other than restore.bat (BLD2*.dds). I would like to solve this problem before attempting the update again.

thanks

I have now resolved the unhandled exception errors by removing the read only permission to the following FSX folders. FSX\Autogen, FSX\Texture, and FSX\Orbx\Scripts\Backup.

The procedure fixed the issues in both verison 1 and 1.1. I am up to date and all is working as it should. I think this thread can be marked resoved. (not sure if i set that somehow?)

thanks to all of you who offered advice.

mark

I have now resolved the unhandled exception errors by removing the read only permission to the following FSX folders. FSX\Autogen, FSX\Texture, and FSX\Orbx\Scripts\Backup.

The procedure fixed the issues in both verison 1 and 1.1. I am up to date and all is working as it should. I think this thread can be marked resoved. (not sure if i set that somehow?)

thanks to all of you who offered advice.

mark

Mark.

When you open FTX Central does is still show V 1.0 or 1.1? My installation went fine but still can't figure out t update actually went thru. In FTX Central it is still shown V 1.0 

I think you are good too. I believe FTX Central is it's own program and would not necessarily be updated when FTX G is updated. My file dates for it are July and all the other FTXG files are updated to Sept. The visual difference of the lights and Denver area are obvious improvements too.

mark

Edward, do you have the FTX AA ORBX Library line on your report with a July 2013 date? I don't have any other ORBX products installed, other than Global, and am trying to determine if that library is supposed to be there or updated?

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 130623 23rd July 2013
FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.10 September 2013
FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

thanks

Edward, do you have the FTX AA ORBX Library line on your report with a July 2013 date? I don't have any other ORBX products installed, other than Global, and am trying to determine if that library is supposed to be there or updated?

thanks

Sorry I am late here.

Let me check on that when I get back to my PC in couple of hours. 

Talk to you later. 

thanks

Archived