FTX scenery terrain Friction

Rarebear

Hello guys, Ive recently purchased an aircraft and it seems that many are having the same issue and the issue is that the aircraft is STICKY to the FTX runways, takes a lot of power to taxi and takeoff so they were telling me I could reduce or deactivate the Friction that ORBX scenery has. 

Not sure how to do that or nothing. 

any help would be appreciated. 

JDW

I don't think this is a problem on Orbx side, I have tested this "plane" on default dirt/gravel strips and it acts the same. This plane is the only addon plane I have had this issue with so I think the problem lays on A2A. Hope they can fix that issue, going around and adjusting every airport in the world just for this plane seem ridiculous.... At Quintin Lodge it got glued so hard to the runway that even full power couldn't get it moving...

Apart from this it's an excellent addon plane, but this issue kinda bugs me...

Hello JDW,

You'll need to provide more information beyond 'an aircraft' (f.e which one?) and 'FTX runways',

To answer your question regarding 'turning down the friction of FTX runways' this is the first time I have ever heard of this and I've been with Orbx since 2008!, there is some slippery/icey ground in places, but never sticky.

@Ihendrix, FTXAERO will not affect ground effect

@kaboki, Quintin Lodge is not a proper runway, its photoreal imposed on to the ground (much like the hundreds of OZx strips) which is the only way you can have sloping runways without creating a '3d model' of the whole area, I would assume if its the same aircraft the OP is referring too, then problem is confined to this particular addon

Not much we at Orbx can about that sorry

Cheers

Tim

Archived