FTX Global Terrain Problem

bandito

Hopefully, from the topic title the location of the problem is self evident. The problem; as I approach KCRE for a landing and descend below 500 ft. the terrain below the aircraft turns completely blue, as in water, i.e., the expected houses, roads, trees, etc. disappear and are replaced by the overall blue texture. Regardless of the direction from which I approach the airport, the problem surfaces (no pun intended.) Thus far, after using the FTX Global product in various locations, this is the only place in the U.S. where the terrain change has occurred. Great product otherwise.

Hi there,

thank you for adding your order number, I've taken the liberty to add your numbers to your Sig ;)

did you get all updates and patches from the support page for your installed FTX addons, they are available here => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

please make sure that all is updated and then install the latest library files 

Hi there, me again,

did you try and cycle FTX Central to NA and back to Global, hitting the Apply button on both counts

Do you have any AI traffic addon program like for example UT2 active?

could you please be so kind and add a screenshot of the issue.

Info on how to post screenshots on our forums you can find here => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/?p=335815

just had a lil dash down there, can't report any issues

post-152-0-43378300-1378319003_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After some research into the issue it looks like the problem may be down to a terrain.cfg error. 

Now some things to try. In Global mode in FTX Central, untick Hybrid Mode, apply, and then tick it again and apply. This should re-insert the terrain.cfg entries. 

Is the problem only in Global mode? Hybrid on/off? In NA mode as well? 

Here are some similar threads I found:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61832-ftx-global-install-isuue/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/62424-does-any-know-what-happened-here-pic-of-hi-area/

OK guys, here's what I've done. Wolter; in searching the FSX Addon Scenery, Scenery folder for KCRE I found KCRE_ADE_MWC.bgl 7.4 kb, AFX_KCRE_bgl 8.56 kb, and a KCRE Text file 1.78 kb. As an experiment, I reemoved all the KCRE files from FSX. No change in the problem. Alex, as per your suggestion I checked the linked topics you cited. I downloaded and installed Wolter's terrrain.cfg file in place of the one in FSX. No solution to the problem. Also, you mentioned the Hybrid Mode" in FTX Central. I can't find any such mode in my version of FTX Central. Other ideas? BTW, thanks for the rapid response.

Ok, here's some steps to take to force a completely fresh terrain.cfg that should be free of error. Also note that Hybrid Mode in FTX Central is under the options for Global

1. If you are not using UTX or any other terrain addons that make terrain.cfg mods, delete the terrain.cfg in your Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder.

2. There should be a copy of the default terrain.cfg stored in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\InstallBackup". Note this is the default terrain.cfg so make sure you don't have any other addons that are inserting terrain.cfg entries. I believe a copy of your pre-Global terrain.cfg is stored in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTX Global\Backup" if you had other addons before that made use of the terrain.cfg.

3. Run FTX Central and cycle between Global and any region to re-insert the Global entries

Alex, I do have UTX installed, however, it is in the "inactive" status and all the UT files in the addon scenery library have been unchecked. Also, I have FSGenesis Terrain Mesh installed. I have located all the terrain.cfg files you cited. So given the foregoing, do I still delete the terrain.cfg from FSX and replace it with ORBX default terrain.cfg, or, is/are there some other step(s) that I need to take?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

** Bandito ** if you wish to have your query answered and feel it is not getting sufficient attention, then *bump* this thread.

That will get you the 'right' sort of attention.  Starting rant threads will get you the 'wrong' sort of attention, and will not help solve your problem.

Further to the above:

Are you using a non-English version of Windows / FSX.

See if this applies:

I think you can also check this one;

Start -->Run and type %allusersprofile% then enter.

Get into Microsoft and then FSX folder.

There must be a scenery.cfg there (not the orbx ones), open it with notepad and check the Area.001. Under it you must have Texture_ID=1 If you dont have this line please add this and save. After that start fsx again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived