bonners ferry aircraft below grade at airport

spinker

Hello,

After installing Bonners Ferry I am finding aircraaft locations below grade.

FTX was set to North America

Opened program in North America and FTX Global Hybrid mode.

Same problem in both starts.

I have created a photo but I do not know how to upload, tried to follow instructions but got lost.

Please help,

Larry

Please help

Hi Wolter

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have not yet installed patch 003. While checking FTX Central for products installed I noticed that I also did not install patch 001 but I did install patch 002.

I guess it must be to late to install 001 so should I just continue and install 003?

I dont know how I missed these I always check for upgrades and new files every time I go to ORBX.

Thanks for the help.

Larry

Hi Larry, I just checked FTX Central here and I only show the installation of SP3, nothing about SP1 or SP2 which I know I do have installed. What you see in "installed products" is actually contained in a simple text file named "FTX_NA_NRM.TXT" in this case which contains the version information. The text file would be overwritten with each update so I think it's perfectly normal that you aren't seeing anything specifically showing that SP1 has been installed. Once you install SP3 your FTX Central will in turn only show that you have SP3 installed.

I would simply install SP3, but if you're still concerned about whether SP1 is actually installed it's perfectly OK to install that again followed by SP2 and then finally SP3 to bring your NRM up to date.

We appreciate your 65S purchase BTW :)

Jim

Hi Larry,

did you install the the latest NRM service pack ?

if not then please do so, available here => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/63964-orbx-ftx-na-blue-northern-rockies-nrm-service-pack-3/?p=584340

Just bought and had the same problem. I think there's an error in the manual. It sais:

Installing 65S Bonners Ferry requires you to update your FTX Northern Rockie Mountains region with the
NRM.002 (or higher version) patch. Please visit http://fullterrain.com/support.html to get the latest NRM
patch.
This patch will ensure your airport elevations are correctly set, and all roads and traffic are correctly aligned.
It will also ensure the coastlines and shores are corrected from the default NRM levels.
Note: at the time of release of this airport the current NRM patch level was NRM.002

Since I already had Patch 002 (released 16th December 2012), I thought everything was OK. Turns out there's in fact a Patch 003 released on the 1st September 2013 that's required for this airport but not mentioned in the manual.

The manual was written pre-patch and I didn't get a chance to correct it in time. I've since corrected it and I will upload a copy of the manual to the release thread and when we have gathered up enough material to patch Bonners Ferry it will be included.

My apologies for any confusion!

Archived