Texture issue at high altitude with FTXG

gandy

Hi guys,

I think its something i have done but im not 100% sure, I brought global the other day ( order no. FSS0231230 ) and had a small issue. Ive highlighted the issue in the screenshot

normal_strange.jpg

It looks like stock textures still showing in the distance as i have seen the stock fsx desert textures as well in different parts of the world. I have recenlty upgraded by graphics card to a GTX760 and i have done a fresh install of fsx to try and cure the issue but that did not work :(

I dont have many addons installed at the moment, NGX, Airbus Extended, and some airports and thats it. I have tried disabling the addon airports but that did not help i have no other custom textures installed like clouds and water at this time.

Driving me nuts as i would like to get it fixed before i install more addons but if its normal then i will just have to avoid the fair weather theme.

Nothing wrong at all in that shot Paul,

Its just the area outside of your LOD range, similar to what you see when you zoom out in top-down view.

A little horizon mist in your weather goes a long way to preventing this, and increasing your LOD setting may also help (somewhat).

yeah that screenshot is at 6.5 which is above the limit im happy with when flying the ngx with lots of addons as i do my best to avoid oom's.. ive only ever had 2 :)

Thanks Tim i will crack on and get me other addons installed :)

Can you mark this as resolved please :)

Archived