Black layers at EGKA, YBAS and CEN4

DeeJay

Hi!

Since the last FSX Installation there are some of your sceneries that show half transparent black layers at some places. Some of them are flickering when I move the aircraft. I've included some screenshots that probably explain more than words:

EGKA - Shoreham

mG3fjKIA2J.jpg

YBAS - Alice Springs

FDLK2aRyQA.jpg

In this case

CEN4 High River

mWCApYCb7o.jpg

In the case of YBAS the layer disappers at a certain distance from the aircraft (should be a few hundred feet). At the other sceneries they are always present.

I didn't have this problem at my last FSX Installation. Got FSX with Acc Pack, Windows 7 64bit, Intel core i5, 8GB DDR RAM and NVidia Geforce GTS450. 

Have you got an idea what could be wrong there?

(I know CEN4 is Freeware, but I thought it would be easier to handle if it is included in the same topic as the payware airports.)

Thanks in advance and regards,

Dominik

Yes, that solved the problem. Nice! Although it seems a bit strange to me that a graphic setting like ground scenery shadows obviously is generally not used by most of the flight simmers..

Thanks for your quick help.

The problem with the built-in FSX ground shadow engine is that it does not cater for grass or other alpha-plane type objects, of which we use a lot of

To offset this we bake all shadows in the ground/obejcts so you do not need to use this option, plus as Misha pointed out...saves you a truck load of FPS

Archived