Anyway to reduce tree size?

StormVR6

I'm just wondering if it's reasonably simple to adjust the Orbx tree size in the FTX packs. When running autogen off, the photo images of tree areas look better (obviously the diverse colours help realism a lot) which is partly due to smaller trees. Is this something that can be achieved by the end user or will reducing the tree size simply make the tree areas more sparse? If this is the case, then I presume, if they are hand placed, that making them larger than reality is a way to reduce development time.

If I am asking too much then are there any, more realistic, tree add-ons available? I want to get FSX looking as real as possible and I'm close, if I can improve the tree colours/size then I'll be pretty much sorted.

Thank you.   

afaik the tree size can not be reduced, you can reduce the amount of trees per square mile when changing the entry in your fsX.cfg

add under the section [TERRAIN] the following lines :

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=3000

the values set are the default fsX values, the maximum value for both items is 6000 each

You took the words right off my keyboard Walter.

Also its worth mention the possibilyties for configure the whole shebang for the errea you are flying in.

Some hints for search:

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN tweak for PNW?

Tree density setting?

Adjusting Autogenerated Trees and Buildings per Cell in FSX

Kind regards

Henrik

Archived