PC Specs

zinok2001

Hi,

Your scenery looks absolutely amazing ! The best i have ever seen since a started simming and building my own cockpit several years ago. My question : i'm running fsx since a couple of weeks on my sim, but it doesn't run fluently with sliders only at 60%.

So when using your much more detailed scenery i'm afraid i will loose lots of Frames Per Second because of high realism.

This is my setup : Intel Quad CPU Q6600, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb ram, Sapphire HD 3850 videocard with 520mb, Mastercooler 800w power supply.

When running FSX my frames go up and down between 5 and 20 fps.

Thanks,

Marc.

I think you should be able to run FSX rather good on that system. It's better than mine and I don't complain.

Yes, when cranking the sliders all the way to the right my computer starts to struggle a bit, but that is pretty normal. Remember when FS9 came on the market? It's only been the last two years or so that we have had hardware that can run it smoothly with all settings at max.

If you set the bar a little lower than max you should be able to run FSX with FTX with a good and stable 25FPS. And remember a well-tuned Windows is always good, so be sure not to have to many applications running at the same time. You should also defrag often and make sure you have up to date drivers for your mobo and videocard.

:)

can i let you in on a little secret i found. I actually changed the global Texture resolution to high instead of maxed and gained 20 fps now i am not sure if it is just my pc or it will work for others. But give it a try and see what it does.

I have a quad core 6700 intel, 8 gigabytes of memory, a nvidia 8800 ultra, and a soundblaster elite hi-fi soundcard, with an old microsoft sidewinder 2 as a joystick, plus I have 30 inch samsung lcd monitor capable of 2560X1600 pixels. using windows vista ultimate, I know it won't take long before the computer is superceeded but the monitor is ahead of it's time. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

My brother has a TH2GO WITH 3 LCD screens and doesn't get any FR reduction....Matrox do claim that there isn't any and on the evidence of my eyes I would agree.

Does the image distort much at the edges does the fsx wide-screen switch make much difference?

Can you post a comparison shot? 

TH2GO with 3 LCD screens.

I have a 22'' LCD wide screen,that displays up to 16.10 like a wide screen tv.

i wanted to use 3  22'' wide screens LCD's with TH2GO but you cant. 

With TH2GO you can only use a LCD screen that displays in 4.3 like a 19'' 20''.

JohnG.... 

John, sorry mate I don't think you're right there, I have recently seen a TH2Go setup with 3 x 22" widescreens running.  My mate Bernie has it setup and running although he says it chewes a few frames.  I asked the question in the forum in case anyone else has it going and what their experience is, in terms of FPS.  More specifically the FPR impact on vid cards vs CPU.

Here is a picture of it...

Bernie if you read this, could you please chip in with a couple of comments.  Thanks mate.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~portercbp/flypics/DSC08074.JPG

Cheers,

Yes, I think the digital version 2 of the TH2G supports widescreen lcd's. Make sure your desk does though :)

I have a friend who uses an analogue version 1 of the TH2G on his 3ghz Pentium with an NVidia 8600 GPU. It definitely chews FPS and FS9 is only flyable with AA disabled. It makes sense as the video card is now seeing your 'monitor' as 3xhorizontal res x vert res; eg 3840x1024pixels for three 19in 1280x1024 displays.

I am not sure if this FPS drop happens with the digital version. A framerate hit of 5fps would be critical to FSX 'flyability'.

On the analogue version I have viewed, there is no discernible distortion at the edges of the image. You must zoom out in flightsim to the full 30% widescreen to get the best view. This in itself does cause slight disorientation when coming from a standard view. My friend got used to it very quickly and says he can't return to a normal screen.

Archived