FTXGlobal Install problem with FSX

Neil

Successfully downloaded and ran install of FTXGlobal for P3D. Came up with disk #2 location error, directed to file .002 and install completed ok. Ran same install package for FSX, ran as administrator:

-opened wrapper, did not ask for validation.

- proceeded to backup request, completed.

- next step configuring files (cannot remember exact wording), completion bar proceeds

- installer panel disappears, leaving wrapper panel only on screen.

- task manager shows wrapper, and ftxglobal running, " 0" cpu activity

- no errors displayed.

Looked for similar problems in forum, seems Stefano had similar problem on July 31, no resolution posted.

I am loading to an SSD with 8 gig free, is this a free memory problem. From watching the P3D install, it seems it is just to stall at the file load stage.

Hi Neil,

not familiar with the inner working for P3D but they are pretty similar to fsX, as for the unwrapper,

it needs approx 15 Gb of free space to do it's thing and unpack all the files, maybe that's your problem there ?

Also make sure that you run the Installers as administrator and as precaution disable you Anti Virus scanner program they also tend to cause havoc with large installers of this size.

Thanks Walter, it could be a free memory problem then. I loaded P3D with the installer on drive D:, with lots of room. I was loading FSX which is on C: with about 8 Gig free. I will free up additional space to get over 15 Gig free, and try it. I rarely have problems installing, and any are easy to resolve. Only potential problem is my SSD with C:, which is just about tapped out for space.

Wolter, I freed up 21.5 Gig, and the install went thru to completion. So the 15 gig free is the marker, add an extra couple for safety. Have only flown over Greece, and the scenery looks good. As for SSD's, mine is 125Gig, completely inadequate for Orbx sceneries, not even sure if 500 will be good for those of us who have everything. All my Orbx scenery's are on P3D on a non SSD drive. Running FTXGlobal on both.

Thanks for the help, I will try to drop a note to Stefano, and see how he did, his problem seemed similar.

Archived