NCA East And FTXG Airports

PopsTango

Hi Neil,

In a prior post I asked Holger about airports in the Eastern Sierra along CA 395 running South of Reno/Tahoe. They include Alpine Co. M45, Bryant field O57, Lee Vining O24, Mammoth KMMH, Bishop KBIH, Independence 2O7, Lone Pine O26, and Inyokern KIYK.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61750-another-northern-california-question/

According to Holger only M45, KMMH, and 2O7 are included in NCA. The others then would be in FTXGlobal. I was wondering if any of these will receive the special Neil Hill treatment. Except maybe for KBIH and KIYK these are small airports.

Although I'm guessing that Lone Pine O26 and Inyokern KIYK might already be included in SCA along with Mojave KMHV, Kelso Valley CN37, Pontious 1CL2 and California City Muni L71.

Ciao Sal

Hi again Sal,

First, there is no SCA, but it is a possibility for a  later area.  I'll take a look at any of the airports you  listed that are not included in NCA and start a list.  I know the Ken Hall, who is doing the lower half of NCA has included some LC beyond the east border and I think he mentioned it would be a shame to tweak that LC and leave any airports they included untouched.

We'll see what, if anything, can be done.

Cheers, Neil

Will NCA have the same night lighting system as in FTXG (no reduction in FPS), or will it have the light pole lighting system the other ORBX regions have?  I think it would be great to design the NCA region with the new lighting system, especially given San Francisco/Oakland are already taxing on FPS as is.

Thanks for any developer response.

John

Thanks Neil

Sorry for the SCA reference. Wishful thinking on my part.

Glad to hear that those airfields are being considered. You folks at Orbx are way ahead of the curve. Eastern Sierra seems like a great place for an almost seamless transition from NCA to FTXG. 

Martin I have Ozx's Death Valley and fly it often as I do Grand Canyon. Great bit of scenery. I was thinking about seasonal changes. That area doesn't change much between seasons but the mountains in the surrounding area get a lot of snow in the Winter. Either way it's win-win.

Ciao Sal

Archived