Tree and Bushes PABR

jb44mag

Lots of trees and bushes in both taxiways and parking areas at PABR (Wiley Post-Will Rogers Meml) Barrow, AK.  If you need a screen shot, I'll try and figure out (meaning, I'll read the instructions) how to post a screen shot.

-Jim

I recall downloading a free PABR some time ago, and this may be causing the conflict.  However, I have searched the scenery folder in FSX and can't find it to delete it.  here is the info from the download......

PABR - Wiley Post–Will Rogers Memorial Airport, Barrow, Alaska, US

===================================================================

Wiley Post–Will Rogers Memorial Airport is a public airport located in Barrow, a city in the North Slope Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska. It is owned by the state. Situated on the Chukchi Sea at a latitude of 71.29°N, the airport is the farthest north of any in US territory. The airport is named after American humorist Will Rogers and aviator Wiley Post, both of whom died nearby in a 1935 airplane crash.

***** IMPORTANT ***** IMPORTANT *****

For FSX only

PABR - Wiley Post–Will Rogers Memorial Airport updated to match data from charts and Google Earth Images.

Changes include:

-Added and closed runway

-Adjusted apron to match images

-Added parking

-Added city of Barrow, AK, US

-Added/adjusted nearby lagoons

-Adjusted shoreline

*****INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS*****

- Copy both of the *.bgl files into your \Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\SCENERY directory.

Author: Tony Vienonen

E-mail: vienonen@sbcglobal.net

December 20, 2011

======================================================================

Copyright and distribution

----------------------------------------------------------------------

-This airport is released as freeware; you are not allowed to include it in any commercial package.

-You are not allowed to re-upload it to any other website that charges for download.

Disclaimer

----------------------------------------------------------------------

-Since this package is freeware, it is offered as "it is" so no official support will be given and the installation of it requires a basic Knowledge on how to manually install add-ons in FSX.

-I am not responsible for any damage you could cause to your FSX installation or your system (it is nearly impossible unless the file is altered from someone else); use of this file is at your own risk.

Hi Jim,

please try the following :

fire up fsX

go to your scenery library and disable your Addon Scenery folder, DO NOT delete it, just deactivate it, hit OK and the scenery Dbase will rebuild, check if the offending issue is gone, if so then most likely the offending files will be in your Addon Scenery scenery folder

Thanks for all your help.  Problem is in the add-on Scenery folder.  I finally found the offending bgl files hidden in another folder unrelated to PABR.  Hidden probably because I installed them incorrectly in the first place.  I'll blame it on my age. LOL.  I'm going to try an reinstall those files in the correct location tomorrow, as PABR in the add-on is a much more realistic representation of Barrow.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived