FTXG manual uninstallation

Kosta

Please, if one developer of FTXG would reply, that would be great. Or at least someone who knows a definitive answer:

I am uninstalling FTXG, partly for testing reasons, partly because it seemingly destroys parts of my simulator, and that without my knowledge. I have a huge 300GB+ installation, with lots and lots of addons, I fly around all the time, and since I've installed FTXG, the errors appear here and there.

Now, to manually AND fully uninstall FTXG, is it enough to restore from my manual backup from a month ago:

- terrain.cfg

- lclookup.bgl

- AutogenDescriptions.spb

- default.xml

- RoofDescriptions.spb

- delete current ORBX folder, replace with the one from the backup

- the whole of the texture folder in scenery\world\texture

+ reinstall any sceneries I had installed in the past month.

Is this correct?

Hi Kosta,

I am currently working on the uninstaller those steps you mention are correct.

Also there are texture files for the agn files (should be located in the ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\InstallBackup folder) that go back to 2 folders. The veg_*.dds files restore to the \Scenery\Global\Texture folder and the others (BLD*.BMP & BLD*.dds * roof_*.dds) to the \Texture folder.

Any other questions, let me know.

Hi Ed,

Great thanks. I managed to restore it now seemingly completely, it looks as it did before, at least FSX. Now I am testing in the P3D only, as this is my 2nd simulator, a test platform if you will.

Any ideas why in FSX the posted industrial textures error doesn't appear and in P3D does, as ugly as it is? Both have the same addons installed and active... UTX with FTXG.

And what Alex said, that is up to industrial textures in UTX - there are no industrial textures in UTX, at least not to my knowledge. Any ideas exactly what he's talking about?

Hi Kosta,

I found a user guide for UTX online and it references the industrial landclass I mentioned:

http://files.100megabyte.com/ultterrain/UtxUsaDemo.pdf

Check page 8, it's also mentioned in the UTX Europe product blurb:

New custom landclass textures are provided in Europe to represent: light industrial and commercial areas, heavy industrial areas, shipping grounds and University grounds.   All custom landclass textures have been reclassified using satellite imagery for accurate placement (within 1km FSX landclass precision limitations).    You will not find this capability in any other landclass product.

Archived