Real World Flying Experiences

Andrew 737

Hi folks

This is a short update about my progress or shall i say my successful check ride. Everything went fine that day on my check ride. Ok CDG is always a pain in the back when it comes to ATC ;) "hope there is no CDG air traffic controller in the forum"

Weather was good crew was good and plane was in a good shape :)

2 days ago i went through my first real life FLR (Florence/Italy) approach and landing. Simulator training is required to fly FlorenceThank god for the weather which was brilliant sky clear 30C winds calm. I made a nice GoPro video of the approach. My first impression was omg that looks like an aircraft carrier in front of a mountain :D. Was real fun. Will go for it at the end of the month again :)

Hows flying so far?

• 2 weeks later...

Getting PPL was a lot of fun for me. In UK and other places do the instructor cut the shirt off your back after you solo? That is done where I learned and then they draw runway diagram and which runway you landed on and date and hang it on the wall. You get it back when you get your PPL. I learned flying the Cherokee 140 and still is my favorite RW plane.

Hey guys

I tried my hand at gliding yesterday - Awsome.

I went down to Grandson Airfield and met up with a friend (he fly's for easy jet :)); the same friend was one of my instructors for my PPL.

Whilst flying has the same basic principles, the experience was brilliant; a different way of flying. It was so amazing being reliant on thermic air to get lift and thus being able to fly.

Going off the winch; talk about acceleration, jeez man. Climb out at about 45 degrees pitch, the clunk of the tow rope dropping then the 'Peace and Quiet' - lovely.

I really recomend it to everyone - I have decided to work towards solo gliding in addition to my PPL hour building; awesome day out :)

BTW - my license came in the post a few days ago and so I took my two sons up for the first time - I have an iPhone video my son took of the landing; I'll post when I work out how!!!

Thanks

Hi folks,

sorry for the late post. Again congrats Andrew for your wings. Wish u all the best and always happy landings :)

Talkin about landings, i see what i can do regarding the Florence landing. Its a bit difficult to post such thing in a public forum or even on youtube. But i give my best to edit it to make it public for the orbx members.

Hi folks,

sorry for the late post. Again congrats Andrew for your wings. Wish u all the best and always happy landings :)

Talkin about landings, i see what i can do regarding the Florence landing. Its a bit difficult to post such thing in a public forum or even on youtube. But i give my best to edit it to make it public for the orbx members.

That'd be great :)

I need to transfer my iPhone video to my PC then upload too - standby :)

Congrats Andrew!

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

I flew lot of hours in some great planes such as DC3, B17, JU52, An-2, T6, Bucker, Yak 11, PT-17, Travel Air, FW-44 but always as a passenger. I'm now just starting my BB (specific french licence to fly around your airfield) on Piper Cub. I will continue with PPL after the BB

303307_3322180087342_1351269402_n.jpg

971885_10200748670733155_1687933196_n.jp

Hello,

few weeks ago i promised to publish a video which shows a landing at Florence/Italy. Unfortunately i cant post this video cause of an TV article regarding fatigue in modern airline cockpits. In this article there is also a video showing a few takes out of an german Embraer 190 cockpit. As you guys might heard there is a big discussion goin on in the European Parlament regarding fatigue. The EASA would like to have the flight duty time extended especially the night flying times. In the past there has been some demonstrations by pilots in Brussels against this proposal by the european parlament. For now it has been declined.

So it wouldnt be smart from me to make my videos public. I wish i could do that. Sorry

Archived