Any news yet about the black squares fix for FTX Global?

Plainsman

Not trying to start a complaint thread, I just want to know where we are with a permanent fix for the black squares in DX10 Preview bug?  No one wants to help me find the file I can't find to temporarily fix the problem for daytime flying so I have to wait for the ultimate fix.  I already have FTX Global installed but can't enjoy it with the black squares all over the place and there's no uninstall button.  I want to play it!

Thanks in advance.

Not trying to start a complaint thread, I just want to know where we are with a permanent fix for the black squares in DX10 Preview bug?  No one wants to help me find the file I can't find to temporarily fix the problem for daytime flying so I have to wait for the ultimate fix.  I already have FTX Global installed but can't enjoy it with the black squares all over the place and there's no uninstall button.  I want to play it!

Thanks in advance.

Hi

The fix is done, but they are testing it, No release date yet.

As for the file location: look here DX10 and FTX Global, fix being worked on, first post.

Just locate the file in there and rename it.

Cheers.

presumably you have a shortcut / icon on your desktop to launch fsX, right ?

if so then right click it and select properties, a little window will open now in to upper part you will see a text line, that will tell you where your main fsx folder is located as it points directly to your fsX.exe to start the program.

presumably you have a shortcut / icon on your desktop to launch fsX, right ?

if so then right click it and select properties, a little window will open now in to upper part you will see a text line, that will tell you where your main fsx folder is located as it points directly to your fsX.exe to start the program.

I think I found it!  By trial and error.  I started clicking on every single file (I have several scenery files for some reason and can't tell one from the other) and suddenly there it was!  Now to test!

It works!  It works!  I got tiny black squares along the runway in New Orleans but none where they were before--in the trees on streets etc.  No black squares in Shanghai.

Two observations:  I decided to test DX9 vs. DX10 using Shanghai airport named Hongqaio. FPS test conducted inside the cockpit, game frame rate set to "unlimited" (I never set an fps limit), and graphics at 1920 x 1200 x 32. Altitude 400 feet.

DX9: avg. 20 FPS taking off, dropping to single digits, as low as 4 FPS in the middle of the city.  A choppy, stuttering slide show all the way.

DX10: avg. 41 FPS takiing off, dropping to low 30s in the middle of the city. Smooth as butter all the way.   Plus, water graphics much more realistic looking.  Slight enhanced clarity of buildings and trees, not as much as I expected, but they were noticeably crisper. 

This is consistent with what I experienced 2-3 years ago when I first made the switch. I decided to try it again with FTX Global installed.  I don't get why anyone would fly in DX9 given this difference. It's not logical.  My non-techie, no computer savvy theory is the higher you turn up the graphics  visuals on your card and the higher you turn up the autogen and density, the bigger the difference.  Also, if you limit your frames to 30 or some other number.  Set unlimited and turn the graphics up and sliders up, you'll notice a huge difference.

Anyway, FTX Global is AWESOME!  Please fix the bug next, guys.

Thanks to everyone for your help.  Your encouragement enabled me to try again, successfully this time, to find that stupid file to alter.

Archived