Two questions about FTX Global

Ioan92

Hello guys,

I just bought FTX Global and, while I am definetely impressed by the quality of the work done here, I have a few questions to ask..

Question 1: I have noticed that there is no uninstaller and a quick search shows that one is being made, any idea when it will be done?

Question 2: You mention in the manual that FTX Global uses a much more dense setup for autogen. In that case, what exactly is the equivalent of the default "Extremely Dense" setting?

PS: Are the entries in the scenery library all landclass files? Which one concers Asia? Does the one marked "Europe1" cover all of EU or just the OpenLC demo area? Would I get my FPS stability back if I deactivated said entries?

Thanks,

Ioan

Hello guys,

I just bought FTX Global and, while I am definetely impressed by the quality of the work done here, I have a few questions to ask..

Question 1: I have noticed that there is no uninstaller and a quick search shows that one is being made, any idea when it will be done?

Question 2: You mention in the manual that FTX Global uses a much more dense setup for autogen. In that case, what exactly is the equivalent of the default "Extremely Dense" setting?

PS: Are the entries in the scenery library all landclass files? Which one concers Asia? Does the one marked "Europe1" cover all of EU or just the OpenLC demo area? Would I get my FPS stability back if I deactivated said entries?

Thanks,

Ioan

Also one more question, does the option "Orbx Trees" reduce performance?

Hi Ioan,

@ 1. that's in the works and will be available as testing is completed

@ 2. the default max is set to 4500, you could max that out to 6000, although wouldn't recommend it

@ 3. nope

I just checked my fsx.cfg and there are no autogen "per" cell entries. I assume that the values are at default, so I'm on the same extremely dense setting. I was a bit confused at first because my framerate dropped a bit but realized that the 3d vector lights were the issue. Turned them off and wow.. it's running like a dream.

Amazing work.. just amazing. Thank you so much for this addon!

Archived