Can't download anything

Stratocruiser

All of a suddden I can't download anything from the support site. It starts the download, then I get the error message. I have been trying to download Patch 3 for Europe and keep getting a message the says" Orbx FTXEUENGPPATCH 003,zip deom OrbxFTX.com."

"The connection with the server was reset."

After several tries with each of the three download locations, I tried a couple of free airports as a test, and keep getting the same message.

Anybody know what's up with this?

Howard

Can't find the order number for Europe but here is the order number for USA Central Rocky Mountains   FSS0124177

Hi There,

That's odd to say the least, I've just tried various links on the support page and they all work fine for me up here in The Netherlands.

Maybe try and reset your modem and also clear your cache and cookies from your system see if that improves things, otherwise you will need to have some patience so Jay can have a look into it

Well, I have done what you suggested, but still have the problem. At least I think I have done what you suggested. When you say "clear your cache and cookies from your system", I went to the top of my Internet Explorer page and clicked on Tools, then clicked on Delete Browsing History and deleted everything. I did not even save Favorite Website Data. I rebooted the computer and tried again, but still had the problem. Next turned the computer off, unplugged my router and waited a few minutes and  then plugged it in again. I waited till all the lights came on, then turned the computer on again and tried to download but still have the same problem. I do not have a modem, per say as I use the phone company's DSL and the equipment is in a locked box on the outside wall of my home. I tried to download just about everything on your site, but the only success was with the file "orbxftxeghr110.zip. All other files fail about halfway into the download, per my original post. I have tried to download from all the sites you have listed for each file. I went to both Avsim and Flightsim and am able to download files from those sites, including a couple of large files..

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Howard

Wolter and Jay - I closed down all malware, firewall, anti virus programs, etc. Still had the problem. Then I saw Jay's reply and I downloaded and installed the download manager. Shazam - that solved the problem. I am buying that program. I do not know what the problem is, but using the download manager got rid of it. I was able to download the library files, the patch 3 for Europe, the core files, and the mesh for Australia.

I remember a couple of years ago I had the same problem with another site. After weeks of phone calls with the web site and my phone company who provided my DSL, it was discovered that the problem probably was with my phone company. They called me back one day and asked me to try the site again and it worked. They never said they had a problem or what they did to fix it, but everything has been working since then until now, but with the download manager, I am not going to even call them. Thanks for your help.

Howard

Archived