FTX Global issues

FlyingShark

Hi,

I have a few problems with FTX Global:

After installing the product I got the WIndows error message that it didn't instal correctly and I feel this is the case because although there is a huge difference in what MS provided and now with Global, it seems to me that I am somehow still seeing default MS autogen in places and I simply can't get the product to display correctly  (or so it would seem) and that the world is lacking detail (or so it seems) so now I don't really know what to do to get this working properly.

Linked are a few images of Innsbruck with FTX Global installed and with the settings as laid out in the manual.  The rest of the world has this looks like this too, but I do have the Vector lights that do display as they should.  

The only scenery that I have is FTX Global and a few UK2000 free sceneries for, Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester, East Midlands, Bristol, Newcastle, Glasgow and Edinburgh.  

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss254/Dc-10-master/2013-8-5_16-35-6-741.jpg

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss254/Dc-10-master/2013-8-5_16-36-28-430.jpg

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss254/Dc-10-master/2013-8-5_16-37-35-712.jpg

Any help in getting this sorted would be appreciated.

Thanks

I've been doing some more testing recently,  It was just that it didn't seem right when compared with others.  Still a little bit concerned that Windows threw the error and thought that there may have been some sort of problem.  Yes autogen is enabled as per the manual.

I loaded Innsbruck and it looks just like on your shots when I set autogen to Dense.

If you want to be REALLY sure about the autogen upload a screenshot at a much lower altitude so we can compare the autogen. It's a bit hard to check now although it looks okay.

A bit off topic but one thing I do notice is that you seem to be lacking anisotropic filtering, which has nothing to do with FTXG but your textures are way too blurred in the distance.

And btw I frequently get a message stating things haven't been installed properly. I think that has to do with the used installer not being certified or something like that. And if I remember well I got that message often if not always when I install Orbx scenery. Just close the window (press the X or click on the message saying that all has installed well).

Yes I realised this after I took the shots when I went back in to the settings to change something unrelated to FTXG and noticed that FSX had failed to save some of the settings recommended.  Having changed the settings to what they should be as per the manual the distant blurries have disappeared, as has the blurry ground textures.  It would appear that this topic is somewhat now redundant ::) (should have looked prior to posting)

It would appear this was a simple case of PICNIC (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer) :ph34r: However your support is incredibly quick!

I'm now off to enjoy what is easily the best purchase I've made for FSX (I fly tube liners 99.99% of the time) 

Archived