Validation/Install Problems.

grw

Hi,

I am sorry to bother people through this forum but I am having problems getting an answer to my problems.

I have just brought the NZSI and I am having problems installing it.
I did try to validate so that I could post to the forums but even had problems doing this. I did post to a "general" forum but had no replies.

Could you please tell me who to contact to:

1. Validate my purchase to use the forums.
2. Resolve my install problem.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Gary.

Hi Wolter,

I am trying to do this but I got an email saying that I had to set my signature first. I clicked the link for the video tutorial but got an error when trying to validate myself. I have tried this link again for the validation thread but it now says that it can not find it.

This is quite fustrating as I have purchased two Orbx products and can not use them.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Gary.

Hi,

I am sorry to bother people through this forum but I am having problems getting an answer to my problems.

I have just brought the NZSI and I am having problems installing it.

I did try to validate so that I could post to the forums but even had problems doing this. I did post to a "general" forum but had no replies.

Could you please tell me who to contact to:

1. Validate my purchase to use the forums.

2. Resolve my install problem.

Hi Gary,

@ 1. you are validated as other wise you couldn't post here

@2. What is your install problem ?

please state what the error or issue is and we will try and help where possible

Hi,

I have run the install disc and it reports the install was OK. Then when I run the FTX Central and select the Oceania option and then click the apply button I get a unhandled exception error, "could not find a part of the path G:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FSX\Orbx\Scripts\Backup\BDLA2.dds". If I browse to the location the Backup folder is not there.

If I close FTX Central and open it again it does say this is the active region is selected, but if you start FSX it is still the default scenery.

Also if I choose the FTX Light Tweaker from FTX Central I get the following error, "Could not find file G:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FSX\Orbx\Scripts\FTXStatus.cfg". Again if I browse to the location of the Scripts folder this file is not there.

I did try to paste in pictures to help explain this better but I could not seem to do this.

Can you please help.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Gary.

Hi Gary,

"could not find a part of the path G:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FSX\Orbx\Scripts\Backup\BDLA2.dds".

To resolve this install the latest Orbx libraries patch, you can find the latest Orbxlibs here: http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs

The Orbxlibraries contain all the latest updates to our objects library, and any fixs for glitches uncovered

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your help.

Just to make sure I have this correct.
This is the Orbx Libaries 130723 patch.
Do I also need to install the NZSI.002 patch? If so I presume I install this before the Orbx Libaries 130723 patch.

Thankyou again.

Kind regards,

Gary.

Just to make sure I have this correct.

This is the Orbx Libaries 130723 patch.

Do I also need to install the NZSI.002 patch?

If so I presume I install this before the Orbx Libaries 130723 patch.

always first install all service patches for the various areas/addons and the latest libraries last, unless indicated otherwise.

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your help. It has installed OK now.

Just one last thing, should I see AI aircraft at the airports. If I load up Christchurch there is no aircraft there except for me ( I have removed the file for the default MS AI aircraft). My settings are:

Airline traffic density 70%

General aviation traffic density 50%

Therefore:

1. Does AI traffic (eg Air New Zealand) come with the NZSI and NZNI packages or

2. Do you have to install the AU AI Traffic Pack For Australia And New Zealand.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Gary.

Hi Gary,

pleased to hear that it is working again there, if your AI has disapeared then chance is that you added a fs9 version of AI alas that tends to kill off all fsX AI traffic.

The AU AI packages are for free, please install them, Graham did a fantastic job on them, you should also have a control panel for the AI once the package is installed, that's accessible via FTX Central available here => http://fullterrain.com/product_traffic.html

let us know how you fare

Hi Wolter,

Installed the AU traffic series and this together with the NZSI/NZNI scenery looks fantastic. The Orbx team have done a great job!

One last thing (I promise), am I right in saying that none of the Orbx scenery packages come with AI aircraft as standard, and can you install the NA GA traffic package without having the NA scenery installed?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Gary.

Archived