Pacific NorthWest ORBX scenery pak...grass.

seehunt

Hi, I bought and installed the ORBX Pacific NorthWest scenery on my Windows 7 computer. Am using FSX.  I saw some ORBX scenery on a friends flight Sim setup and decided it was for me.  One of the scenery features I admired was the display of tall grass along side taxiways and runways that will not render for some reason on my set up.  I have positioned my aircraft at various airports thru-out the PNW scenery area and have adjusted my scenery sliders many times to see if this would produce the grass effect and it does not.  Am I missing something or is there a special position of the scenery sliders or whatever that I need to do ?

Please advise and thank you.

Seehunt

Hi Seehunt,

welcome to Orbx!

As far as I know the DVD doesn't include the latest PNW service pack and Orbx Libraries. Please visit our support page -- http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html -- and download and install first NA.PNW.005 and then Orbx Libraries 130723 (the full installer not just the "core" subset).

Also, have a look on our freeware page -- http://www.fullterrain.com/freeware.html -- as it contains several high-detail addons for PNW.

Cheers, Holger

Holger, first off thank you for guidance in this matter.  I followed your instructions and was able to successfully download and install the

NA.PNW.005 and then Orbx Libraries 130723 files as you suggested and doing the 005 one first.   However after starting up FSX

and going to several NWT airports there is still not tall grass.   One item, on the install I did notice is that there was not a selection

for the full installer or the subset during the install process of the file so I just let it run and install.

I also went into the freeware page as u suggested but there was not any scenery file that had any info about grass.

Thank you and please advise.

Seehunt

Hi Seehunt,

"Tall grass" is not part of my "enhanced" airports although there is grass at most of them it's not those fancy versions.  They are generally part of the payware and freeware individual airports which are the type that get the screenshot treatment, hence you see them a lot on the forums.

Cheers, Neil

Archived