Major problem after Global install

JonathanEnger

Hello

Here are my system specs:

Windows 7 64 bit

Intel i7 3770k 3.4GHZ

8GB DDR3 RAM

GTX 660ti 2GB DDR5

First let me start off by saying, I have UTX NA installed on my machine and I uninstalled GEX prior to Global installation like outlined in the instructions! I installed Global and ran into this that happens at EVERY single airport in the world I try in FSX:

2013-8-3_15-5-58-245_zps8002a246.png

I have already tried toggling between default/global in FTX Central with no results. I have also re run my UTX NA set up utility to re confirm terrain.cfg entries to no avail.I have also tried various scenery library orders based on different posts around here and nothing fixes this. I have even tried completely disabling sceneries one by one to try to troubleshoot with no luck.

Here are my scenery library entries as well:

1-14

sb_zps52a71ce7.png

15+

sb2_zpsb319264d.png

Please HELP! I do not understand the problem! The most frustrating part is, I cannot uninstall Global and go back to the way things were before hand. This did not happen until I installed it. I tried using the backup terrain.cfg's and scenery.cfg's and it did not make a difference.

I am to the point where I am considering doing a complete reinstall of FSX. Very frustrating after spending an incredible amount of money on this.

If you can offer help that may need some in depth work, I can connect via TeamViewer or my Teamspeak 3 server.

Unfortunately I do not have that program :(

I saw your reply to another person with similar issues as myself about the time and date stamp of "lclookup.bgl"

Mine is 7/12/2013 4:03am

Another issue I noticed. If I am pretty close the ground in top down view, I can see road textures starting to load infinitely onto themselves.... This is strange.

Me again,

actually, I just noticed that you state "I have already tried toggling between default/global in FTX Central with no results". There should be no Default option in FTX Central after installing FTX Global. Did you happen to install other Orbx add-ons after FTX Global? If so then you need to repair FTX Global with the Core libraries in this post: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/62064-orbxlibs-130723-orbxlibs-core-130723/

Cheers, Holger

My apologies, I meant to say I have tried toggling between Global, NA and trying Hybrid mode off/on and none of the various settings made a difference.

Just for giggles, I installed the core file you linked me to and as I expected, it did nothing :(

Here is a close up of what I am seeing:

2013-8-3_16-1-21-544_zpse9d6cd5a.png

Hi Jonathan,

1. what is the date stamp of the file "lclookup.bgl" in your \Scenery\BASE\Scenery folder when FTX Central is set to Global with Hybrid?

2. open your active scenery.cfg file, in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX, with Notepad and check that the first few entries read exactly like this:

[General]

Title=FS9 World Scenery

Description=FS9 Scenery Data

Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Texture_ID=1

Local=Scenery\World

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.002]

Title=Default Scenery

Local=Scenery\BASE

Layer=2

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.003]

Title=0000 Base

Local=Scenery\0000

Layer=3

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Cheers, Holger

1. Time and date for Global Hybrid - 7/12/2013 4:03am

2. Scenery CFG reads like this:

[General]

Title=FS9 World Scenery

Description=FS9 Scenery Data

Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Local=Scenery\World

Texture_ID=1

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.002]

Title=Default Scenery

Local=Scenery\BASE

Layer=2

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.003]

Title=0000 Base

Local=Scenery\0000

Layer=3

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Hi Jonathan,

those files seem OK. Not really sure what else to check but perhaps have a look at your \Scenery\World\texture folder; it should contain >11,600 files many of them dated 2013. Without FTXG that folder contains only about 9,000 files.

Cheers, Holger

I am leaning towards thinking this is a corrupt terrain.cfg issue... How do I fix this? I took the default terrain.cfg off of the FSX install disc and put in my directory. I then ran the setups for UTX to confirm terrain.cfg entries and then applied Global setting on FTX Central. None of it worked.

Uninstalled everything from UTX/GEX.

Inserted FSX install CD and repaired installation so it would for sure replace all modified textures and scenery.cfg/terrain.cfg entries.

Reinstalled UTX and made sure everything was kosher with default ground textures.

Installed FTX Global and everything is working... maybe just a bad install? Who knows....11 hours to get everything taken care of LOL

Archived