AU_Green download prob

wombat

Hi Huys,

my son has tried twice to download AU_Green_Map_1.0.zip the web site indicates that the file is 293mb he keeps getting a message

Posted Image

and can only download 125mb, he is downloading the file for me as I only have a slow download rate, any help would be appreciated.

Hi wombat,

We alway recommend using a download manager such as GetRight http://www.getright.com or Star Downloader http://www.stardownloader.com to handle the transfer of large files from our servers. These programs ensure the download is resumed in the event that an interruption occurs on your connection to the server.

Please have your son try downloading using a download manager as see how you go.

Hi Adrien,

I have tried to download AU_Green on my system very slow dialup with GetRight, left on all night, and I watched the download, the last time I looked it said 227mb downloaded, I went to bed this morning I tried to instal AU_Green and got the smae message as before

Any help would be appreciated

could it be something to do with WinRar as I and not using WinZip?

Very unlikely.  In fact in my experience WinZip should be avoided - it's caused several problems for me in the past.  WinRar is good, I think.  I personally use 7-Zip.

OK, tried both main server and the mirror one and still no go, does anybody know how I can contact the owner of the Moving Map page so that I can get this problem fixed, it looks like the green area is corrupt, on both severs.

Hmm really not sure what is going on here Wombat, I've tired the download and it is working fine for me. (I am one of the guys who created the map)

The only thing I can think of to do, is for me to upload the file to another server for you to try and download. Or you could try and find someone to send you a disk containing the file. I could do this, but as I'm in the UK it makes it a bit difficult. :)

Hi Tom,

perhaps try as you suggest another server, can you please advise where I will be able to try this new sever.

it is strange that 3 downloads (one from my son's system) and two from mine both have the same result, and I had no problems with Blue or Gold, can't work this one out.

Regards Ron

Thanks to all you guys and Tom for reuploading the file for me, don't know why I could not get it from the site, one thing I did do was to open the file with winzip not winrar, not sure if that was the reason, don't think so cos I have never had a problem with winrar, I'll just put it down to a windows quirk.

Now looking forward to AU_Red and the map file to go with it.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Archived