GEX Reinstall over Global?

piperarrow4

Ok, so if there isn't going to be a fix for the black squares for DX10 users and FTX doesn't not include an uninstall utility for their product, is it safe to just reinstall GEX over my current installation of FTX Global?  GEX should just overright the texture files with their own right?

Thanks,

John

That'd be pretty pointless.

You realize GEX has no night lighting at all right? You aren't gaining or fixing anything going back to it. Just go rename the lighting file (instructions are on this forum, it takes 10 seconds) to disable the lighting and the black boxes will go away. Then you can use FTXG just like you did GEX, with UTX night lighting or whatever.

Ok, so if there isn't going to be a fix for the black squares for DX10 users and FTX doesn't not include an uninstall utility for their product, is it safe to just reinstall GEX over my current installation of FTX Global?  GEX should just overright the texture files with their own right?

Thanks,

John

I'm really interested in this also - please can ORBX answer?

Specifically I was wondering if we reinstalled GEX textures over the top and still had FTX Centrall in hybrid mode would this still allow inter region flying?

Would this still cure the out of ORBX graphical anomalies too?

Thanks

I have edited the FTX lights file per the instruction noted in the other thread and it works great during the day to get rid of the black squares.  However, I now have no ground based lighting at night, even with the UTX lights enabled.  So then what am I doing wrong?

I have edited the FTX lights file per the instruction noted in the other thread and it works great during the day to get rid of the black squares.  However, I now have no ground based lighting at night, even with the UTX lights enabled.  So then what am I doing wrong?

I'd be leery that copying over Global with GEX isn't going to fix this problem, whatever may of caused it. Best to seek out an answer first for that specific issue before re-installing anything.

I'm really interested in this also - please can ORBX answer?

Specifically I was wondering if we reinstalled GEX textures over the top and still had FTX Centrall in hybrid mode would this still allow inter region flying?

Would this still cure the out of ORBX graphical anomalies too?

Thanks

Doubt it. Global uses the updated lookup table and new autogen that works together with the regions. GEX doesn't.

I'd be leery that copying over Global with GEX isn't going to fix this problem, whatever may of caused it. Best to seek out an answer first for that specific issue before re-installing anything.

I was just wondering...

was it the lclookup file thats now in the Hybrid?

curious...

Doubt it. Global uses the updated lookup table and new autogen that works together with the regions. GEX doesn't.

Ah yes probably right :)

Hi John,

thanks for posting the order number.

An auto-uninstaller for FTX Global is in final testing. GEX textures are not compatible with the FTXG setup (base or hybrid modes) an thus installing GEX on top of FTXG will most likely "break" FSX.

The UTX night lights work with FTXG; check that you have them active in the UTX setup panel as well as in the scenery library menu.

Cheers, Holger

Archived