Orbxlibs - duplicate elevation adjustments

ZK-OKQ

Tim, I do not have FTX Global as yet, but have just installed latest Librairies and have duplicate files as posted above but NZTM. Have deleted the duplicate. Just thought I would give you the info should someone else have this issue.

This is getting stranger by the minute. If I set Central to default,  the BGL's in World/scenery are not switched to off. And now when I exit FSX, I get a CTD. All good till I installed the latest libraries.

UAC always OFF, always run as admin. Central set to default when libraries installed.

Me again,

The Orbxlibs would not affect the elevation adjustment files for NZ,

FTXcentral not changing the elevation adjustments is odd, can you try right-clicking on the FTXcentral icon >> Properties >> Compatibility >> check the box marked: run this program as an administrator, is ticked?

Yes it is Ticked Tim. Strange problem indeed. Do you think re installing NZNI and SI might reset everything ?

Edit: PNW and England show *.BGL instead of off as well with Central set to default.

Hi,

Hmm, most odd, I just ran the latest orbxlibs over my own install of NZ and it all works as intended..

We can sort this manually if you would like to avoid reinstalling

To do this for NZ,

1 - set FTXcentral to [Oceania] and browse to FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery and delete all the ADE_FTX_NZxx_xxxx_elevation_adjustment files

2 - Then browse to FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\OFF and copy paste all the ADE_FTX_NZxx_xxxx_elevation_adjustment.BGL's over into FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery

You should now be able to switch between [Default] and [Oceania] without issue, let me know if this works and I can assist with PNW/ENG

Wonder if I stuffed up with the SP for Eng ? That was the last patch I installed.? But, I always follow the instructions for installs, I am very fussy about that, but I cannot rule out a senior moment.

Ok just did as described above and bgl's still active with Central set to default Central was set to Oceania during copy. Appreciate your help with this Tim.

Somethings up with Windows permissions I bet, try right-clicking on your FSX folder>>properties>>security and check you are have full control, read, write all ticked for all accounts

Also were is the location of your FSX folder?

Have full Permissions. FSX installed in it's own drive D:\Flight Simulator X. But the problem does sound like permissions. Will do some more digging to check everything is as it should be, and report back. Thanks Tim, for your time and patience.

Ok Tim, have double checked all my security settings, MSE anti virus off, have full permission for everything. Through the control panel within FTX Central, I am able to enable and disable FTX AU AI Traffic. What happens if I just left those elevation bgl's enabled ? I never fly default in NZ or AU, so would it be an issue to leave them as they are ?

I will be purchasing Global very soon, so maybe things will sort themselves then :)

Archived