Down load scenery onto USB key using a MAC then copying it onto Win7?

digga

Hi there.

Love the scenery!.  Cant wait to try it out.

I am using a 27" Mac and have installed Bootcamp to run Win7 to run MSX Flight.  Yes I'm running windows on a Mac Machine because X Plane is still immature compared to FSX.  It just isnt any where near as good as FSX.  Ask any X Plane user that flies from Sydney about Botany bay!?!? and the appalling scenery.

My question is;

a. Can I pay and download the scenery using my mac 

b. Put the file on a USB key using my mac.

c. Then I reboot my mac to windows 7 (Already running)

d. Put in the USB key in now the mac Machine is actually running windows.

e. Install the scenery from USB key into FSX?

Or

i. will there be some sort of DRM check or Validation while I download onto the Mac then pass it onto the windows part?

ii. Once installed in windows it will want to update or check online for something?

My reasons are,

1. I DO NOT want to expose "The windows" side of my mac to the internet as I have no virus checkers and only the Basic Windows Firewall installed.

If I were you, I'd pay for the software on the Mac (this is what I do), then in your case, reboot to windows on the Mac, open the browser and go your account where you bought it. Then download it, and install like normal. This is what I do, but I boot up my PC instead.

I say do it this way, because you can't copy the reg code from the Mac browser, and paste it to the Windows install. I've tried many times, but extra characters seem to mess up the code and you can't see them. I don't use my PC for email, so even copying the code from the email on my Mac doesn't work. So what I do is: leave the account page open with the reg code on the PC, then copy from there. It works perfectly, and I trust FSS won't send me crapware. I don't trust Windows to buy anything, so I do ALL my internet stuff from my Mac, and download trusted software only on my PC. 

I used to do what you suggest, but it became tedious copying large files to the PC via USB, and even more so over a network. It's quicker and easier to do what I do now.

Archived