Switching Between Global and Default

Andrew 737

Hi guys

There was a thread in which JV explained how to use two folders (the default backup and the new Global textures folders) to switch between Global and Default - does anyone know where it is?

I can't seem to find it :(

I have some work to do on a 210 degree setup and will need to switch back and forth in order to test and setup my rig.

Thanks in advance

I have done this because I want to create some comparison shots for a colleague at work.  So following are some (hopefully) simple instructions on how I did mine.

Preparing to switch between FTX Global textures and the original FSX textures:-

- Locate your texture backup folder containing the original FSX textures and rename it to something like Texture.FSX.

- Copy (or move depending on available disk space) the Texture.FSX folder into Scenery\World folder within your Flight Simulator program folder.

To switch to the original Default FSX (non FTX Global) textures:-

- Rename the folder Texture to Texture.Orbx

- Rename the folder Texture.FSX to Texture

- Fly using the Original Default FSX Textures.

To switch back to the better FTX Global textures:-

- Rename the folder Texture to Texture.FSX

- Rename the folder Texture.Orbx to Texture

- Fly using the awesome FSX Global textures :).

Note: Make sure you are renaming the Texture folder within the Scenery\World folder and not the other Texture folder in the Flight Simulator folder itself.

Disclaimer: Do this carefully and at your own risk and I take no responsibility for you breaking your Flight Simulator program.

I hope that helps.

~ Martin

I have done this because I want to create some comparison shots for a colleague at work. So following are some (hopefully) simple instructions on how I did mine.

Preparing to switch between FTX Global textures and the original FSX textures:-

- Locate your texture backup folder containing the original FSX textures and rename it to something like Texture.FSX.

- Copy (or move depending on available disk space) the Texture.FSX folder into Scenery\World folder within your Flight Simulator program folder.

To switch to the original Default FSX (non FTX Global) textures:-

- Rename the folder Texture to Texture.Orbx

- Rename the folder Texture.FSX to Texture

- Fly using the Original Default FSX Textures.

To switch back to the better FTX Global textures:-

- Rename the folder Texture to Texture.FSX

- Rename the folder Texture.Orbx to Texture

- Fly using the awesome FSX Global textures :).

Note: Make sure you are renaming the Texture folder within the Scenery\World folder and not the other Texture folder in the Flight Simulator folder itself.

Disclaimer: Do this carefully and at your own risk and I take no responsibility for you breaking your Flight Simulator program.

I hope that helps.

~ Martin

Thank you Martin :)

Archived