Missing files after crash? Nothing goes anymore

DeeJay

Hi everyone!

I just got a bad problem: After spending days and weeks updating my hardware I've now almost finished preparing FSX for flying. Everything went fine, but then the electricity failed because of some works at my neighbour's house! After it worked again I started the PC and I can neither launch FTX Central nor FSX!!

When starting FTX Central I get a message: "The Version of this file is not compatible with your Windows Version. Check if a 32bit or a 64bit version is required and refer to the publisher of the software."

When starting FSX the message is: "To start Flight Simulator at least one of the following components is required: One Airport, one VOR, one NDB and one Navigation fix. At this time no NDB is available in the data. Flight Simulator is now closed."

[just the translation, originally the messages appear in German on my PC]

What the hell could have happened there??? I've checked the modules Folder of FSX - it is almost empty!! Only 3 files which seem to be the modules of the iFly 737-Installation!

What can I do? (exept reinstalling EVERYTHING, what I just did the past 4 days!!)

Regards. Dominik

BTW: FSX was NOT running during the crash.

Hi Dominik,

Really sorry to hear of your woes there, what I would try is to, if it still works, reset FTX to default/Global

If you have the Acceleration pack then run that and select repair from the option, run the repair, 

see if you then can start fsX, if so then you merely need to re run the Global installer to get that back and running and you should be able to fly around again in FTX land, if that doesn't work then I'm afraid something else is broke

Hi Dominik,

Really sorry to hear of your woes there, what I would try is to, if it still works, reset FTX to default/Global

Unfortunately the whole FTX Central doesn't work anymore - as described above.

If you have the Acceleration pack then run that and select repair from the option, run the repair

Yes, I have the Acceleration Pack. I just tried to repair it, but that didn't change anything because it can't bring back the modules either..

I'm now trying to install FSX on my laptop, save the module files from there and try to insert them in the original installation.. Let's see if it helps and what else is broken^^

Well, I installed 1 ORBX scenery again and hoped this would repair FTX Central, but it didn't. Does that mean I have to install a region or FTX Global to get FTX Central back?

Thanks so far for your help!

I'm sorry, I don't have Skype. But thanks a lot for offering that!

Meanwhile I have removed FSX again and I will start everything from the beginning again! (of course being quite pissed from that situation of course because I really was minutes away from finishing everything!^^).

So the main question is now: Do I really have to reinstall ALL ORBX products (which is really a lot!) again after reinstalling FSX + Acc? Or can I install FSX into the same folder again and use the installed files (excluding FTX Global of course) which should still be in the right folders?

And if it gets to complicated, I could really consider installing Skype. :-p

Make sure that when you install the Original FSX (SP1-2 before Acceleration)  that you boot into a flight & reboot the computer "before" installing Acceleration.

Do not install everything back to back without rebooting...

Uninstall via the Acceleration disc, leave the ORBX folders as they are, fsX will only un-install the files it has in it's own list

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT install SP1 + SP2 they are already included in Acceleration

Install fsx, fire it up and do a little test flight

if all works, shut it down

Install Acceleration, fire it up and do a little test flight

if all works, shut it down

then you can switch FTX Central and check if those regions work

if that works out, select default in FTX Central 

then re-install FTX Global

OK, that's exactly what I did.

Now I'm checking aircraft by aircraft and all the sceneries by developers.

Well, the regions seem to work. But at the airports (e.g. just checked Skagit Regl as a test) the runway and the apron only seem to consist of photoreal scenery. The "overlay textures" are missing. Does that mean I have to reinstall all the airports? Or is there just a small thing to change to make the airports work again?

Sounds logical that FSX only uninstalls what it brought there itself.

Archived