populated runways [Trees around runways, aprons]

renevirgo

I'm very pleased about the release of FTXG.

Tried a few parts of our world and by ex. in the middle-east noticed the sand dunes desert textures.

I landed in Badgad not the int. airport but downtown not sure about ICAO like N17M.

The buildings and trees were nice but also too proeficient. There were all around the runways, taxis and approns.

This project is so huge that we will discover more of those smaller anomalies for sure.

I was wondering if this is a thing I could fix with ADE?

Bear in mind that this is a 'texture' product.

The issues you note sound like they relate to local FSX landclass, or indeed the ADE-like airport / vector files

OpenLC or other landclass products might imrove this for you when they are released.

In terms of fixing this with ADE, applying a polygon which makes an Airport Background, and Masks the ClassMap should clear the surrounds, albeit with the 'delightful' FSX airport rectangle.

Sure I have this in mind, textures. It may be that if I had flown before in this particular airport the problem would be already here. 

I will try ADE.

It's just that now that I have installed FTXG I am exploring various parts of the world and from time to time I am confronted with weirdos, like in timor an airport which runways and taxis are 400 feets above the rest of the scenery. Nothing to do with FTX for sure!! Mesh infamous problem...

I will for sure wait for open LC products.

I'm still not sure of acquering some vendors meshes, because anyway FTX regions and other vendors airports have their own. And global meshes brings problems as well.

So will continue some explorations trips. Unfortunatly I cant upload screens because I fly with a three screens matrox systems, and so the screenshots viewed on a normal monitor shows as little banner...

Hi there renevirgo

I note what you have said about screenshots and Triple head to go appearing as a narrow banner.

I have been posting what we call panoramic screenshots for a while now with no problem.

I also use a digital triple head to go with 3 wide screen monitors and use just the v key for screenies.

Edit your pixel count to 2300 before posting.

The screenies will still appear as narrow banners on the forums,but a click on the shot will open iIt up as a perfect size for viewing.

Cheers stu

Hi RV

Yes I am happy with Genesis Mesh so far. I have never used an addon mesh before,but so far it seems fine..still a few areas that are not quite right but nothing major.

I have done a flight to Innsbruk through the alps and the mesh made the alps and the geography  look fantastic.

I will post some screenies of that trip tomorrow so keep a look out for them.

Cheers Stu

Archived