FSX doesn't start after installing FTXG

The Merowinger

hello,

I have to cry: SOS!

After installing FTXG my FSX doesn't start anymore. It tells me that the scenery.cfg is missing or damaged. But this file is existing exactly as it was before. I think the Problem is caused by using the tool sceneryconfigeditor. Here I had build Groups and every Group has its own scenery.cfg. I have two main configs: one with FTX and one without FTX. After changing the Region I manually changed the scenery.cfg to activate the correct ftx-entries.

Now it looks like something went wrong. Before installing FTXG I put FTXcentral to Default. After that I load the scenery.cfg fitting to it. After FTXG-Installation was done, the new FTX-centralwindows appears, but there was no green mark to be seen, either in FTXGlobal nor in the regions. I had to put a mark firstly and I put it in FTXGlobal. Now I only can change between them, the mark isn't removeable. After that I wanted to start FSX and the message about missing or damaged scenery.cfg appears, I should reinstall FSX. I made the two entries for FTXG manually in the scenery.cfg but it doesn't help.

What can I do else, I don't like to install the whole FSX again!

thanks Kai

P.S. how can I uninstall FTXG to have to Situation like before?

Why are you manually modifying scenery.cfg? That will invite problems for sure :(

Easiest solution:

1. delete your corrupted scenery.cfg

2. run FSX and let it build a new one.

3. Now add in your non-Orbx scenery folder entries

4. Finally in the ORBX\Scripts folder run ftxconfigurator.exe (it runs silently) and ftxconfigurator_OLC.exe

That should get things back to normal.

I used two configfiles because the tool loose its group-sorting everytime after switching between an FTX-Region and Default and I have to sort again. I have about 600 scenery entries in it and my Intention is to use only These sceneries I'm flying in. Because I didn't want to sort everytime after switching I made two scenery.cfg's named them "with FTX" and "without FTX". After switching in FTX central I called the suitable Version and named it scenery.cfg; not a difficult thing. I looked very Forward to FTXG because of the hybridmode I hoped These switching things would be over and I have only one scnery.cfg, like earlier. But now there are these problems!

Just delete the scenery.cfg. But a new one wasn't build, the same message appears: missing or damaged scenery.cfg. Is there anything else I have to delete?

thanks Kai

Sampe problem here, but I only installed FTX Global, except I didn't modify nothing. Only installed FTX Global.

The file log.log in the fsx main folder,contents these information:

full path: E:\FSX\

redirecting CreateDevice

initialising shader environment

device->GetBackBuffer failed

Thanks for your help,

Gerard

hi John,

just tested an older scenery.cfg without These Group-sorts, a normal one. But the same result: scenery.cfg is damaged or not there. Can you tell me the way the sim asks for this file so I can try to find out where it hangs? Or how I can this revert and start a new Installation of FTXG?

thanks Kai

Archived