FTX Central Rockies wont extract

jelliott523

I just purchased FTX Central Rockies and attempted to install it on my computer.  When I went to extract the files (using both the Windows 8 default and 7-Zip) it told me that the files were broken and to contact the publisher.

Hi there,

welcome to Orbx!

It sounds as if the download wasn't fully completed. I don't have the exact byte count but the zip should be close to 4GB. Did you use a download manager that automatically resumes interrupted downloads? Also, make sure you have sufficient harddisk space for the unwrapping and installation, about 10-12 GB in total depending on whether FSX resides on your C drive or not.

Cheers, Holger

Hi jelliott523

Sorry to hear about your problem. I found out very early on in my Orbx life that because of my slow broadband speed, it was prudent to use a download manager.

Your comment about an 'incomplete download' suggests you could do worse than to download again using a download manager

Hope it works out second time around

Kind regards

JFS

Initially I tried using the default Windows 8 and downloaded straight from the retailer...no luck.  I then saw the post about using a 3rd party download manager.  Internet Download Manager wont run on my computer for some reason; I keep getting a message about it not being a trusted content.  I then tried GetRight and it didnt seem to work either.  I tried unzipping the package with 7-Zip and that didnt work either.  I keep getting a message on 7-zip stating that the file is broken for all 3 parts of the downloaded material.  I have tried downloading this thing probably 6 times.  I will try again and hope for the best.  I'm not sure if the problem is related to me not completely deleting the previous files that i downloaded.

Archived