Attatching more than one headset / mic to pc

Vonduck

Guys,

I am endevouring to help my daughter get involved in online flying with Vatsim so she can assist with the ATC communications or flying the aircraft while i communicate with ATC etc...

So... currently i have my mic/headset (just a cheap MS one) attatched via 3.5mm jacks to my Logitech G510 keyboard.... works well.. the big questioon is... how do i get another headset/mic to work with it?

I have looked for some kind of hub but cant find any... splitters dont seem to cater for both inputs (one is for headphones the other for mic)

Would 2 x wireless headphones work?

Appreciate any ideas the gurus may have

Thanks as always

Doug

One could use the 3.5mm and you could get another headset using USB?

With my setup I have VATSIM on one computer and FS2Crew on another so I need my mic plugged into both. I use a simple splitter for the mic and it seems to work fine.

You could use two splitters.  One for the headphones line and the other for the mic line.  It's possible that the mics may interfere with each other on the same line, so ptt switches may be needed?  Would certainly add some realism  :)

Cheers,

Derek

Thanks guys... Derek... I had thought of that funnily enough... my keyboard has 2 jack inputs... one for headphones the other for mic... i guess is could try and find splitters that cater for both?

I

I wonder if the mic out needs a special kind of splitter.. in that i havent seen one that is dedicated to mics... then again it should be generic i assume?

IMHO I would NOT use any sort of spliter and especially for the Mic as this can create terrible distortion AND WILL pick up from both and does not allow the Pilot and Co-Pilot to be on separate freq's at the same time.  The preferred option would be run two USB Headsets because this is seen by the PC as being separate Sound devices and thus can be on Teamspeak or Vatsim audio etc on separate channels at the same time. You can also use something like Virtual Audio Cable that can also be used to sync multiple audio sources to the one output or input.  

Hope that helps :)  

I agree with Mozz. I have experience in fitting out commercial helicopter sims and that is the way we did it (Separate USB headsets) you can also hook it up so that you both have an open channel just like in a real aircraft so you can hear each other and then code the PTT keys for ATC comms.

Archived