Four reasons for Loving REX

pphibbs

Hi Guys,

I finally got REX working last night (very late) and took a quick flight to check it out. Below are a few shots that illustrate why I love REX ...

Posted Image

climbing into cloud around FL250 Impressive representation of different cloud layers.

Posted Image

A view out the window - a very believable scene.

Posted Image

These pics don't do it justice but the water is very convincing at any level - here FL300.

Posted Image

Of course the water was so inviting that I had to get my feet wet, so I fired up the Stationair and wasn't disappointed.

Money well spent for hours of enhanced enjoyment.

Nothing wrong with these shots.  They're very nice.  However, I've now seen various shots in other forums where REX has been featured and they all feature the same deep blue sky (too deep in my opinion) and frankly, the same clouds and very similar water.  If this is all REX has to offer, then from what I've seen, I would say there's far more variety available in FEX, especially when used with FSWC for the water themes and animation.

Which leaves the weather engine of which so far I've seen very few examples.  So is that not quite the feature that was supposed to set it apart from FEX? :-\

John

Archived