FTX Central doesn't work

Kurt

Since I installed ORBX Scotland, the FTX doesn't work.I installed it by clicking first "default" and "assume", but when I changed to another region (Europe, Pacific or Amerika) nothing happens at the "Scenery.cfg". Should I deinstall Scotland or even all regions? When this is necessary, what the best way to deinstall it?

Hi Kurt,

I'm not sure I understand the issue: are you saying that Scotland doesn't display properly? Note that "nothing happens" when switching between regions is the correct behavior of FTX Central; only when switching to "Default" will all scenery library menu entries be removed.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger, I mean, that when I switch at the FSX-Central from "default" to any of the three other regions, nothing happens with the scenery.cfg. No entry from ORBX. And this is since I installed recently Scotland.

Hi Kurt,

I'm still not sure why you're talking about the scenery.cfg file, perhaps you're looking at the wrong file? What does the FSX scenery library menu look like after switching, does it also not have the FTX block of entries? FTXCentral calls an app named "FTXConfigurator.exe" in \ORBX\Scripts, which in turn reads all the "scenerylib_[...].cfg" files in that folder and adds it to the active scenery.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX. Unless somehow your scenery.cfg file got suddenly write-protected (you can check by right-click > Properties) I can't think of any issue that would cause this process to break.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger, thats why I wrote from the scenery.cfg. Because when I Look at it (after switching from default to another region), there is nothing from the FTX-block written. Naturally when I then start the fsx, there is nothing in the scenery-library from FTX. Also my scenery.cfg is not write-protected, when I add something else to the library, it works OK. I checked the "FTXConfigurator.exe" and it is there. Should I uninstall all regions and install it again? Could it help, because before Scotland everything was OK ?

Archived