AU Red release date

hendrik

Sorry if I missed this guys, but is there a release date for AU Red? (I pre-ordered).

Thanks

Hendrik, if I had to have a guess, I would pick "before Christmas".  It's probably the best I can do.

Cheers and I too am awaiting expectantly.

Guest Private-Cowboy

Given the fact that you're not preselling anything that is more than a month from release you'd better are on track.  ;D

No honestly, I'm eagerly awaiting the outback enjoying your other fantastic creations every minute I can.  :o Keep up the great work!!! I'm bedazzled every time I fly over FTX.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Looking forward to a christmas/summer trip to the outback from christmas/miserable winter here in Belfast!

(Got REX installed too - maybe the bugs will be fixed before I get AU Red!!!).

Guest Private-Cowboy

I too am eagerly awaiting it but would rather they took their time to get it right!

When did they not get it right? I can't say that any of my ORBX products fail to amaze me.

I'm not saying they don't get it right. Certainly not, FTX has been the single best things to happen in the flight sim world! I should have clarified a bit more. I mean I'd rather not see them say it will be before christmas, or any other hard and fast deadline, but instead release it when they feel it is ready (although, being a software person I know software never feel ready. There's always more gold plating to do ;)).

I'm not saying they don't get it right. Certainly not, FTX has been the single best things to happen in the flight sim world! I should have clarified a bit more. I mean I'd rather not see them say it will be before christmas, or any other hard and fast deadline, but instead release it when they feel it is ready (although, being a software person I know software never feel ready. There's always more gold plating to do ;)).

You're right, absolutely, but JV did say he was "aiming" for a pre-Christmas launch... Given the preview pics, whenever it get's here it will be great and the final nail in the default textures for FSX in Oz...  Great stuff.

Cheers,

Guest Aussieman

... and I'd like to be enjoyng AU Red while the family has a BBQ ;)

Not sure about the rest of you but I WILL be enjoying AU_Red at a Christmas Day BBQ. Only this AU_Red comes in a 750ml bottle and can make your legs rather wobbly after a few of them  ;D.

Cheers

Pat

Is there a lot to be seen in the red area ( me being an english guy from england) it seems to me to be just desert red sand with a rock in it?

I guess it depends a lot on what it is that you want to see...  If you're expecting mountain ranges and large watercourses, you won't find many of the former, but might find a couple of the latter.  For us Aussies, it really does depict a lot of what we have flown or driven over in real life, vast deserts of magnificent colour and astounding landforms often consisting of what was once an ancient ocean floor.

Your experience will of course be dictated by the elevation data that you use.  One thing though, don't expect green meadows with handkerchief sized paddocks...  Mind you if all you can see on the myriad screenshots already revealed is "just desert red sand with a rock in it" im not sure what it is I can say to get you excited about the product.

Cheers,

Well i hope what you say is all in there with more, to keep my attention as i fly over it from coffs to perth.

I just hope it is intresting scenery.

In a Cessna i might have to stop on the way to re fuel.

Will there be airports in AUred?

Will there be airports in AUred?

FTX region packs do not upgrade or add airports - their magic is in the landclasses, the textures, the autogen, and some extra goodies.

Fear not - flying over AU RED will be a delight.

You will still have the default FSX airports, of course, and at some point there will be additional AU RED freeware airstrips available from OZx.

Archived