Confusion With Installing anc Configuring FTX AU AI Traffic

Hi, sorry but I'm having problems figuring out the correct way to setup FTX AU AI Traffic revision 4 for my FSX Acceleration

I see the pdf says

Two airports do not have an AI Traffic option on the Control Panel so if you have either or both of those, the traffic file will need to be manually deleted. This is an easy process and can be done by going to your Scenery\World\Scenery Folder within your Microsoft FSX folder and deleting the files:-

Traffic_Cessnock.bgl
Traffic_Lilydale.bgl

Now when I look in my files, I actually find without any manual intervention that Caloundra and Cessnock both have the extension OFF which I assume makes the file disabled, and I cannot find any No Lilydale traffic file. Do I therefore assume that I'm OK? My concern is that many other FSX Airports Ive bought also dont have the tick box for disabling FSX AI traffic and I want to be sure its configured right. Perhaps the PDF file could be updated to make the instructions more accurate?

My other problem is a lack of clarity and consistency with freeware and payware FSX airports in the control panel for the traffic setting. For example. 

Harvery bay tick to enable default traffic to be off

Some others tick to disable default traffic to be off

So Im concerned here I might be making some sort of mistake in that the setting seems to vary between "enable the tick to enable the AI traffic default to off" and "disable the tick to disable the AI traffic default to off". Can you see how both of these styles of english would result in it disabled?

How can I be sure for every freeware and payware aiport Ive got that I am using the right AI traffic setting with AU AI Traffic?

Many thanks for this freeware package 

First of all , let me say there is no real issue with not disabling other traffic files. it just means you will have a few more AI aircraft active in your sim.

As a general rule, the latest FTX AU AI traffic pack will provide all your AI traffic needs for both Australia and New Zealand. The only exceptions being the Tamworth BFTS Air Trainers and the Avalon Air Show aircraft which have their own traffic files. All other traffic files for Australian and New Zealand airports can be disabled either by the airport control panel or by directly adding .OFF to the airport specific traffic file in Scenery\World\Scenery.

You are correct in that there is no AI traffic file included with the latest Lilydale airport but there was with the earlier version and some may still have that one installed. The latest version of Cessnock now has a control panel option for AI traffic but the first release did not. Deactivating AI Traffic  in the control panel just adds the .OFF trailer to the traffic file so all is good there. Not all FTX airports were released with a separate AI traffic file so I would not be too concerned if you are not seeing them for all your installed airports. 

Well the issue I have Graham is that running multiple AI sources is bad for what is effectively an application that wont properly multi thread. While I take your point is doesnt crash there is a very important point about the performance aspects of the problem. Its best to avoid it, unlike in circumstances you explain such as the Tamworth add on AI for that airport in training.

Thanks for explaining what your facing with the revision hell and how your trying to address various user build versions in your doco. Do you want help with the doco? The doco is in error and while I understand what your trying to do with legacy version support your actually providing misleading instructions in the doco to users who download the most recent revisions. I can help you with doco?

Your software is great and thanks very much for publishing it. BTW I grew up in Pennant HIlls, near your home. Wow, over those 20 odd years there sure was a change in Baulkhan Hills :)

Archived