ORBX Calendar of events

Ripcord

OK this is just a personal observation..... I sorta came late to the whole ORBX party, I had been buying the varoius regions up one by one -- cannot even remember which one I started with, but it was not long before I had them all. 

Now what I do remember is now I became one of many that started looking forward to the next big release of the next big FTX region.  I very much remember England and all the previews and anticipation surrounding that one.  Then Wales came later, and by that time I knew I was hooked -- I had never flown over Wales, and probably never would have if not for this release, because I knew I was getting it.  And then most recently it was Southern Alaska -- another huge success. 

So all that was since January 2013, and we are coming up on mid-year and we're all fired up to get another new FTX region sometime (hopefully) by the end of the week/month.  I am already setting up FSX point-to-point flights for Scotland!

What is cool about this is that it really provides a kind of 'virtual holiday' at semi-regular intervals, something else to look forward to.  My life is pretty good, I got no complaints, and I have plenty of things in the real world to look forward to, but this is just that little added bonus.  I am almost to the point now where I am considering planning my vacation days a bit, to space them out at least in quarterly intervals, so that I have ample time to play with my new ORBX toy!  Confessions of a grown man that is still a good 20 years away from retirement....

Anyway, next it will be the release of FTX Global, in July or later this summer, and then we'll start anticipating the next big one -- maybe Ireland or Northern Cal -- as our seasons start to change. 

Kinda nice to be like a little kid again.

I'm the same as Ripcord in that I came late into the ORBX party late and like Ripcord, I find myself hooked to ORBX products now, so much so that I'm finding myself enjoying FSX on a whole new level that no other software developer could provide. 

My first ORBX experience was a flight from 2S1 Vashion muni and the first thing that I was aware of was how much I felt immersed within the atmosphere of the airfield.  It was like no other airport add-on I've ever purchased and my initial thought was WOW this is crazy!!  

Being a real world P/UT (Pilot under training) from the UK my wish was that ORBX would create something like this for the us over the pond and it wasn't long away from my first ORBX experience before my wish was granted, when I read on these forums that the guys at ORBX were developing regions and GA/regional airfields for the UK and this exited me greatly!

Since purchasing the UK Regions and airfields that I have, I have since flown across the pond to discover Alaska whilst ORBX worked some more on some new upcoming airports from my homeland (UK) that were listed in the 2013 thread, Sadly I've learnt that orbx have made the decision, not to continue with many of the UK airfields, but that's another discussion for another thread.

As I discover my newly purchased Alaska,  I can feel the atmosphere dripping from the scenery and having to fly GA aircraft above 10,000 in order to avoid terrain en-route from one airfield to another is something that I've never found myself needing to do previous to ORBX. (GA flying outside of my training areas is not something I normally do, but ORBX  have changed that)  As i fly my NGX around Alaska I find myself looking out of the window much much more and marvelling as the land rises to meet my aircraft  at FL250 (due to been a fairly short haul) and thinking - WOW this is awesome I can't wait for Norway to be given the ORBX treatment its gonna be mega!

So, what do I look forward to now?  Well first I'm in dire need of a new rig as I need to be 100% sure that its gonna cope with global as for me global is going to be the glue that holds orbx products together (that is my personal opinion)  

For my own FSX needs I feel that Global will not only increase my experience of FSX as a whole, but also make my ORBX flying in Europe flow much more fluently as it's going to eliminate the need to switch Orbx on and off in order to do what I love to do most in the UK and Europe which if I'm not reliving the experiences from my NPPL training, is to fly my favourite airline routes within Europe to and from the major and regional airports.  Stansted (EGSS)- Gardemoen (ENGM)  / Leeds Bradford (EGNM) - Dublin (EIDW) / Manchester- (EGCC) - Barcelona (LEBL) / Heathrow (EGLL) - Edinburgh (EGPH)  to name just a couple.   

I'm really looking forward to Norway been given the ORBX treatment.  Norway is probably a mix between Pacific Fjords and Alaska and in my humble opinion I hope this is going to be the next region in Europe that ORBX turn their attention to as they could do so much with this land that hasn't really been touched by other add-on providers.  They would have most of the Norwegian Scenery market to themselves and to be frank I can't wait!  Imagine Trondheim with ORBX scenery around it?  WOW!

Archived