New Installation PNW - Scripts error message & strange landscapes

hlminx

Hi

I'm hoping that someone can help me with some issues I've been having with my newly acquired PNW.

I'm Running FSX on Win 7, and I have my OS on C drive, FSX in a folder called 'FSX' on a separate SSD called E drive.

I already have Orbx England (and very nice it is too), plus I have Earth Simulations Guernsey (not had any issues with running either together..

I purchased a boxed copy direct from Aeorsoft in Germany, so I installed using the disc, with AV off, FTX central set to 'Default'. All was going well till right at the end of the installation, I got the following error message:

Windows cannot find 'E:\FSORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly and then try again

I did a net search and found a query similar where the solution was to run a FSX registry fix. I downloaded it and it asked me to find my FSX.exe which I did and just pressed ok.

Looking at my desktop I now have 2 shortcuts to FTX Central so I deleted one. North America does now have a separate AREA shown in FTX Central so I set that as the chosen area and started FSX

I went for a flight from Seattle Tacoma and it certainly looked like the terrain was much improved.  As I didn't know exactly why I was getting the error message above if the PNW seemed to be working, I set FTX back to 'Default FSX' and now I get hills all over my runway and my aircraft sitting in a dip.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I can try given that setting FTX back to Default FSX should ignore all terrain changes applicable to PNW (or so I thought)..

I'm just about to run out but will be logging in tomorrow morning to see if there is anything I can try that I haven't already tried..

I would greatly appreciate the help of the community as, having looked back on other queries, there is a wealth of knowledge and a willingness to help.

Many thanks in advance

Steph

Ps. I would have attached a screenshot but can't seem to get it to attach....

If you follow the instructions above for how to post a screen shot, I have found when using the 'direct link' BBcode, I have to remove the bracketed ...img  from the front, and also the   /img  from the end, for it to display correctly.  including the brackets,  I can't put the actual brackets in here.

Might be just me,  not sure if any others have same issue.

but a screenshot would help.

Ron.

Hello, and welcome!

Make sure to install the latest PNW servicepack from here: http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#pnw

And always install the latest Orbxlibs after installing any Orbx product/servicepack http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs

If you still have any issues and need to post a screenshot, use the fsfiles server, its very easy http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Cheers
Tim

Hi there

Thanks for the welcome :-)

Thanks Ron for the note about getting rid of the %7Boption%7D part of the link.. that was the bit I had neglected to remove first..doh

This is what I have when I set FTX to the 'Default FSX' for SeaTac. Don't think i'm going anywhere!

I'll try the links from Tims message to see if that helps, but it does seem strange that the default is now messed up somehow.

Question: I did set a restore point before I loaded PNW... if I have to take it back, are there any suggestions as to what I SHOULD have done the first time before I loaded it ?

Thanks guys :-)

Steph

F62c5.png

Hi Tim

Thanks for the note. Yes, I have 4 .bgl files:

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl.BGL

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl_CVX.bgl

FTX_PNW-objects_KSEA_PLC.bgl

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_elevation_adjustment.BGL

I've just downloaded the patches.. I'll do the library patch first, then EU England and then PNW and report back. I'm not discounting the idea that I might need to uninstall both England and PNW given that there is a 'Sticky' saying England should be installed after PNW, but i'll give it a go first.

Thanks again

ps. NO idea what was going on with the strange smilies earlier.. I'm not used to the way this forum toolbox works as I usually get to preview a message first on other sites and would have spotted them, so apologies.. the smilies shouldn't have even been there !

Hi Tim

Just to let you know that the patches and library updates seem to have worked :)

Contrary to my earlier message, I found a comment on another post which specifically said to run the Library update after everything else, so I have loaded the England, PNW and the Libraries in that order, and the elevation issue at Seattle using the Default FSX is now fine, as is the Seattle landscape with the PNW option on. Looks totally awesome !

I have checked England on a quick trip round my local area of Southampton and there are some strange patches where the landclass is missing but I guess I should post that as a separate issue to this.

Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated

Steph

Archived