How Do I Save a Flight so the Airfield appears in my FSX Airfield List

Hi,

I have just completed a flight between Uluru (YAYE) and Amata (YAMT) and I am trying to find how to save YAMT so that it appears in my FSX Airfields list.

I can't see how to do this and there doesn't seem to be an explanation in the read me files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Gar10n

Hi,

I have just completed a flight between Uluru (YAYE) and Amata (YAMT) and I am trying to find how to save YAMT so that it appears in my FSX Airfields list.

I can't see how to do this and there doesn't seem to be an explanation in the read me files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Gar10n

Gar10n, take a look here: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1753-340-ozx-airstrips-selectable-in-fsx/

Peter

Thanks retep49 and Yardreamer.

Both of the above answers are great and I will keep the files on my HDD.

However,  I was hoping that there was an easy way to add the airports one at a time as I find them.

The software documentation says that the developer deliberately left the airfields off the map so that you had to find them before you could save a flight. I thought that this would be automatic when I found an airfield but no such luck.

I was hoping to use the FTX software to help me learn to fly whilst holding my interest by collecting the airfields.

What I really want to find out is what did the developer intend for the user to do after each successful find?

Once again, thanks for the responses you offered, they are both great and I will be keeping them in reserve should I fail to find the method intended by the developer.

Happy Flying!!!

Gar10n

Gar10n,

Without making an AFCAD file the airport cannot be placed on the Goto Airport screen, just the way FSX works.  However, once you have found the airport you can save that flight and when you reload it at a later date it will be at the airport.

Archived