Problem Re-Installing FTX: NA Blue PNW 100

EagleOne49

I've uninstalled FSX Gold Edition & Orbx from a HDD and re-installed on dedicated FSX SSD.  The first possible issue: when I re-installed FSX Gold Edition, I was not prompted for the Product Key for validation, but the sim seems to be operating OK.  The next step was to re-install Orbx.  Following what I thought was a successful installation, I went to FTX Central and clicked the North America box, and received the following error messages:

'Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.'

'Could not find a part of the path 'K:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Orbx\Scripts\Backup\default.xml'

Also, when clicking on FTX Aero FSX, I receive the error: 'Could not find file 'K:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\ftx_aero.xml'

I also have REX, Orbx US/Canadian Rockies & Southern Alaska, as well as several free Orbx cities, BOB V1.1.  I have not attempted to install them given this issue.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Ted

Archived